What Raleigh bike is it

Been having a look for any numbers on the bike but all I could find was the letter L on the under side of the bottom bracket. I have downloaded some more pictures for you to look at. I have removed some tape from the handlebars and noted that it has BTTT on the bars and stem and Miche on the bottom bracket and on the nuts around the forks. The other thing I have noticed is it has a regina extra freewheel. Does anyone know what tool will remove it? On the bottom bracket it has a six pin, what removal tool will get this off as I don't have one of these. Thanks for any advice. John

Attachments

• P9100426.JPG
    P9100426.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 575
  • P9100427.JPG
    P9100427.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 575
  • P9100428.JPG
    P9100428.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 575
  • P9100429.JPG
    P9100429.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 575
The bars are 3TTT, half decent.

You should be able to use a normal cassette removal tool on the rear cluster, by the looks.

A pin spanner will do the BB, remove the lock ring first (the large round nut around the outside) then undo the cup (the centre bit) with a pin spanner, or if you don't have one of them, a pair of long nose pliers will do the job.

It's 3ttt by the way, the manufacturers of the bar and stem :) There is a multi-splined removal for the Regina block and a normal 2 spline adjustable cup tool will remove the cup if it's spinning free......

Still not sure it's a Raleigh though, did they do something called a Veloce? didn't have that kit though.

Might remain a mystery unless someone can identify the frame.

Forks look bent to me froma head on :(

Shaun

With ref to forks I have checked them and they seem to have been bent that way as there are no cracks of any kind and they are the same on each side also the frame seems straight. Which seems strange if it had been in a crash. I do know a bike shop in crosby that have a way of checking your frame. I will take it apart and take there.
John

a frame can remain unscathed in a head on crash. The fork s are defo bent and not that way from the manufacturer!

Put the wheels in a take a direct side pic and odds are the wheel will sit too close to the downtube....

You can replace the forks quite happily if teh frame is sound.

Bent forks don't necessarily mean a full-on crash..

As a kid, I used to keep going up kerbs by just whacking into them with the wheel, and I bent several forks that way. The forks looked not dis-similar to yours once I was done with them. :oops:

Back