RetroBike National Series Rd 6: Peak District ~ 15/09/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy,
just a quick question and thought or maybe a riddle. If we were to go as fast as the slowest man would that not put the slowest man at the back, and so if this is the case would that not in theory put the slowest man at the front because everyone would be behind the slowest man, but then if that happened then you would have a new slowest man at the back and then he would have to be promoted to the front to keep with the saying that we go as fast as the slowest person.

Isn't this a Schroedinger's cat issue....we might all be the slowest rider, all simultaneously both at the front and the back until the external observer decides who is the slowest rider. Or will the consciousness of the person who knows he's the slowest rider cause an observer-induced collapse of the wave function?

We'd have to become decoherent for the rest of the ride :shock: Any theoretical quantum physicists in the house?

See you on Saturday,

danson67":3hpg5e0a said:
Andy,
just a quick question and thought or maybe a riddle. If we were to go as fast as the slowest man would that not put the slowest man at the back, and so if this is the case would that not in theory put the slowest man at the front because everyone would be behind the slowest man, but then if that happened then you would have a new slowest man at the back and then he would have to be promoted to the front to keep with the saying that we go as fast as the slowest person.

Isn't this a Schroedinger's cat issue....we might all be the slowest rider, all simultaneously both at the front and the back until the external observer decides who is the slowest rider. Or will the consciousness of the person who knows he's the slowest rider cause an observer-induced collapse of the wave function?

We'd have to become decoherent for the rest of the ride :shock: Any theoretical quantum physicists in the house?

See you on Saturday,

That's a hell of a mechanical to get on a ride - "I'm afraid my wave function has collapsed, sorry guys"

HarryCrumb":9bkdzqgi said:
Rich Aitch":9bkdzqgi said:
I'm all booked into the Laneside campsite for Friday and Sat, so I don't have to get up at sparrowfart on Saturday and then ride a bike. Anybody else staying over?

I'll be there with the wife from about lunch time-ish in the Camper-Van

Spencer should be around from mid afternoon also

>carefully avoiding the physics<

Booked us a pitch just for the Saturday night (next to Spence), no telling when I might finish work tomorrow...

i'm debating wether to put my rc35's on the pace.
will i be better off with a bit of bounce or is this ride ok fully rigid. ?
looking forward to this one.

anyone interested in a karma marin bear valley ?

videojetman":2jgefrkc said:
i'm debating wether to put my rc35's on the pace.
will i be better off with a bit of bounce or is this ride ok fully rigid. ?
looking forward to this one.

anyone interested in a karma marin bear valley ?

Probably a bit easier with bounce. It is very rocky in places.

I'm riding fully rigid but then I'm tough.... :-D

Just got to tighten the bolts, pack family and bike into the car, find riding kit, adjust new helmet, find my "hill lungs" and I'll be reet.

Steed for the day ......

ST830251.jpg

Is anybody getting to the woodbine early for breakfast?

I'm thinking of pedalling over for around 8:30 to eat my own body weight in bacon and eggs. Oh, and tea, lots of tea.

warpedboy2":3k314z6c said:
Is anybody getting to the woodbine early for breakfast?

I'm thinking of pedalling over for around 8:30 to eat my own body weight in bacon and eggs. Oh, and tea, lots of tea.

I hope to be there about then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back