A couple of my custom builds....

Harrison

Dirt Disciple
I've built quite a few BMX's, but recently I've had more interest in big boys bikes :)

This started life as a '67 Raleigh Gran Sport. Unfortunatly the poor thing had been hand painted and all the good bits sold off over the yrs.

gransport.jpg

I had it blasted and powder coated gloss black, single speed Raleigh 27" wheels with some amber wall tyres, cow horn Dawes bars and lots of chrome.

P7070187.jpg

P7070190.jpg

This next was for my work mate, started as a '89 Dawes horizon

KGrHqVHJB8E9iGt3BPjJR0khe60_12-1.jpg

Again..blasted and coated gloss black, original groupset kept, although reduced the gearing with some stronglite chain rings, all alloy bits polished, bars shortend, new black & chrome rims, shorty mud guards and finished off with a honey Rolls Titanium saddle :)

IMG-20120523-00076.jpg

They look good although shortie 'guards are of course pretty much useless and the lack of front brake suggests you are looking to take your work mates' job when he comes a cropper!

The Raleigh is my favourite for sure.

Mark.

daccordimark":25mu0n3m said:
They look good although shortie 'guards are of course pretty much useless and the lack of front brake suggests you are looking to take your work mates' job when he comes a cropper!

The Raleigh is my favourite for sure.

Mark.

I live in Norfolk...there's no hills, a good working rear brake is perfectly fine, yes the shorty mud guards are there more for fashion rather than function.

The Raleigh was my favorite, the Dawes was built how my mate wanted it.

Thanks for the replys chaps ;)

Those are both superb saves my friend, very well done sir. I love the black detailing on the Dawes and the Raleigh is just perfect looking.

EXCELLENT.
:D :cool:

Thanks for the positive comments chaps...

I'll hopefully have a couple more soon to add. I've build loads, these 2 are just a little more "Custom" than my usual builds.

H

Back