Funkungfusion

Swede":13kngwcu said:
Most of the drive train has been assembled but as I prefer the look (from the back) of the 8 speed XTR cassette, the next challenge is to get it working with the 7 speed XT thumb shifters; anyone got any experience here?

7 speed XT Thumbies and 8 speed XTR rear block/mech was standard issue on a 1993 Explosif. I had one and it works great.

Your build is looking great!

Thats looking really cool mate. Nice choice on the Jagwires.....got some of those on my Merlin.....reckon I will use them on my FUNK when i finally get it started too. Tyres look cool....been tempted by those so many times.....just the postage is high. Did they arrive quickly from FF ?

You need a new rubber grommit thing on those skewers (if you are keeping them XT) ....couple people selling them on ebay cheap. .. but I'll see if i have any spare.

Looks like there is a big chunk out of one of the spokes on that rear wheel :( Nice hubs though :D

Thank you. :D It was your build thread that swung it for me on the Jagwires!

The tyres arrived in around 10 days, so pretty quick. If we can get 6 people onboard who want a set then the price should drop to about £35.50 each.

Somehow I've managed to end up with XTR skewers with XT nuts, so I'm on the look out for some others. CBR would be nice but they're like hens teeth and I had some Ringlé ones years ago but thought they were are sh*te, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I put the cassette on at lunch time but I need to adjust the BB axel in order to get the chainline right as the front mech is misbehaving.

Swede":1kc34a9n said:
Thank you. :D It was your build thread that swung it for me on the Jagwires!

The tyres arrived in around 10 days, so pretty quick. If we can get 6 people onboard who want a set then the price should drop to about £35.50 each.

Somehow I've managed to end up with XTR skewers with XT nuts, so I'm on the look out for some others. CBR would be nice but they're like hens teeth and I had some Ringlé ones years ago but thought they were are sh*te, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I put the cassette on at lunch time but I need to adjust the BB axel in order to get the chainline right as the front mech is misbehaving.

Do you have a recent pic?

I posted some last night and I didn't make much progress today. The only bit that's preventing me finishing it is finding some brake levers. Once I'm done I'll put up some full shots.

This build is coming along nicely :cool:

On another note: ➡️ Oh god...what have i done....just agreed the purchase of my most recent acquisition....a NOS Funk Pro Comp from a friend in the far east....Will compliment the Wifes Funk Force GS quite nicely i think :cool:

This site is gonna be lucky to have so many with Da' Funk!!

Will start a thread when it arrives....hopefully v soon.

PS. Sorry to distract from your thread Swede....hope u find the levers!! Can't wait for the final result!!

Swede":1t4spyc9 said:
I posted some last night and I didn't make much progress today. The only bit that's preventing me finishing it is finding some brake levers. Once I'm done I'll put up some full shots.

Ah, page two. The blue looks amazing with the green. What levers are you looking for?

Back