My 99 Lobo Restoration and build

Sorry, it is bad news. The wheel will not mount, you can see how far it extends into the rear....a long way! :( :(

I did try to put a rim in but it was hard to hold it and take a photo. It is 40-50mm too big diameter, it would fit if you had 24" wheels I think.

Thank you a lot Magsy, the good news for you is you will be the owner of the only Lobo with this shock, because I don't want to put 24" on mine...

I am very grateful for your help, and I am impatient to see your two Lobo finished..
;)

Moving slow again...thanks for all the nice comments btw, I appreciate it although I know the frankenlobo is starting to look like something that should be on PB :p I hope it shows I'm not just trying to make the wheels turn here, it needs to work and more than just down to the shop and back. Regardless of if it gets used 'properly' it will be capable of doing so reliably.

Chris where are you finding these pictures? Really useful and nice to see em, any more please send them my way! :D

Been waiting on some parts, had a hilarious CRC delivery with loose parts in a box that had two 'handle' holes. A lot of parts missing!

Wheels are back, three weeks for a build so shit service yet again from a LBS. I had one request, red nipples and they forgot although even my GF says thats a good thing as my red addiction is going overboard :p
Build is good and they got the spoke length bang on which was putting me off DIY.

Rear needs to be re-dished buts thats kinda 50/50 blame, I left a 1mm spacer out of the freehub and they realised but overcompenstated by like 5mm so it doesn't sit central. To be fair they said take it back and sort it FOC.

Rear disc had to be made by Hope as they didn't really use 160mm in 5 bolt BITD? Dunno but it looks cute and is about as big as I can go. I'd love to have another TI6 on the rear but they don't support a 160mm disc, just 180+ and that disc will touch things.

Rear Hope IS mount is not designed to rotate and be used as a floater so it's been machined out to take the Lobo bushes.

Bit of a pheeww moment as I checked it all fits!

Need to make a small spacer at the end of torque arm to space it out into alignment with the chainstay but other than that its perfect!

Back