Orange Prestige 93

When i saw the first picture. I thought Oh dear. But then saw the follow up pictures. Much much better. Like it a lot. Lots to like. Classic British mtb.
Can't help with the clicking problems :oops:
I have a clicking spd cleat :x

Paul - I though you must have been inconsolable about your Prestige...until I saw the Pace that replaced it!

Regarding the fork judder - looking at your Raleigh with the RC30s on - you can see the much slacker head angle, also the earlier clockworks have a slack head angle so I wonder if the RC30 (this 89 version) was designed for these angles - ie: that fork judder would not have been as bad at a slack angle - but on a 93 frame the head angle is steeper therefore the problem is exacerbated! (the theory being a vertical fork would perform the worst)

No, the headset is tight - the crown is 1 & 1/4 with a 1 & 1/4 > 1" adaptor shim with the built in lip, I fitted the crown race myself and it sat on there tight. The movement is in the lower legs - you can see them flapping back & forth under heavy breaking - there would be no issue if used with V brakes, its just the design of canti's are flawed when used with a flexy rigid fork. It is the nature of the beast!

Cheers! Well I have solved the fork judder 'issue' today by putting another front wheel in and it disappeared! The culprit is the RM20 rims, the black anodizing/coating is causing the judder effect. Once this completely wears away it should be ok. And all this time I was blaming the fork! Sorry Mr Pace!

Back