nutted brakes

Oh these are avilable new. TEkro do them and shimano 105 nutted are still available NOS from JD whiskers.

bm0p700f":lyon66t3 said:
Oh these are avilable new. TEkro do them and shimano 105 nutted are still available NOS from JD whiskers.

The ones I linked to at sjs are tektro, struggling to find the same size with nutted fitting.

Is JD Whiskers online?

As others have said putting the front one on the back is the way to go.
Then for the front use the back brake and attach it by putting the securing nut inside the steerer tube and tighteng with a 5mm allen poked through the hole the brake bolt would normall go through.In the past i have found the allen key nut off of a brake block works better than the supplied one for this method and i have also had to cut down the brake bolt slightly.
I hope that makes sense?

No JD is not online They are atalogue only and maybe trade only too. As I am trade I can order from them.

Those 105 calipers I mentioned are BR-1050 and are £22 for the pair 39-49mm drop, single pivot design in silver. They have Q/R cam as well.

They still list them I bouht a set for my Alan earlier this year. Quite how they have old stok like this I don't know but it useful for retro builds.

OK so bolting from the inside is an option, although on the Sheldon Brown website they seem a bit wary of that option. I'll bear it in mind though, thanks billso

Bedraggled: Those SJS ones are too long, thanks though.

bm0p700f":1mkcc2lk said:
No JD is not online They are atalogue only and maybe trade only too. As I am trade I can order from them.

Those 105 calipers I mentioned are BR-1050 and are £22 for the pair 39-49mm drop, single pivot design in silver. They have Q/R cam as well.

They still list them I bouht a set for my Alan earlier this year. Quite how they have old stok like this I don't know but it useful for retro builds.

Ok these would be period correct, I might give them a call and see if they will supply me. Question though: are the modern dual pivot better performing than single pivot like these?

Back