Brighton - Eastbourne SDW End of september.

warpedboy2

Retrobike Rider
Soooo, i'm turning 40 next month (Yes, I know, I dont look a day over 30), and in way of celebration (and proving to myself i'm not past it yet, sonny), i'm inviting you all to join me on a ride from Brighton to Eastbourne along the SDW.

Weekend of the 29th/30th. Either day for me, so whatever suits you guys.

The ride itself will start at Devils Dyke and head eastward along the SDW, it will be around 30 miles with typical South Downs Climbs, with a tea and cake stop at Alfriston. Upon arrival at Eastbourne I propose a tinny or two on the beach, and then get the train back to Brighton.

Fancy it, then?

As im just a bit older than you ;) i had better come along just to prove i can still keep up with the youngsters ........ as long as im not on second holidays that is :cool:
Mick :)

godders":1bcbn13y said:
........ as long as im not on second holidays that is :cool:

More flipping holidays than the queen! :LOL:

Did a reccy ride today, was hard going in places (although I did have a few beers over the weekend :oops: ), but nothing too taxing. Awesome views too, and got talking to a fella on the train with a nice Roberts tourer. A good day.

Sound like you had a good day :cool: ...looking foward to this if im not away
:oops: did a couple of laps round stanmer last night .....its just SOOOO good when its dry :D

Not ridden over that way for ages.

All being well I will be in the States that weekend at the Fat Chance reunion but if for whatever reason the wheels fall of that then I will come along

Interested

Sounds interesting, I would be up for this, I hope it doesn't fizzle out the way the last SDW ride did. :roll:

Righto Chaps,

I'm thinking the saturday for this as the trains will be more frequent/less chance of engineering work etc.

Are you two still up for it? I think Danno will be coming along too :D

If anybody fancies it, but doesn't think they can do the whole distance, there are plenty of chances to bail, as the SDW follows the railway all the way to eastbourne.

Well it looks like we wont be going away again this year so i will be around for that weekend ... so i may as well come along with you lot :roll: ;)

ps. do we have to bring a card and prezzies as its a birthday ride ;)

godders":2ttfgejr said:
ps. do we have to bring a card and prezzies as its a birthday ride ;)

No card and pressies required, however, if we are not p1ssed by the time we reach ditchling beacon, then its not a birthday ride....

Back