Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Picked this up cheap as it needed some work:

P1160741.jpg

P1160742.jpg

P1160743.jpg

Tidied and working now and quite happy with it.

I'm thinking about keeping it for a bit of off road fun but debating whether to keep it original or update it with newer Deore kit from this http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 94#1655794 (as no one wants to buy it)

What do you reckon? Keep it original? Upgrade?

I really like that but it seems a shame to update it with modern bits, is the original groupo knackered?

^ +1
stuff don't looks so bad (well, STIs are faded.. but all the rest looks ok) - maybe it needs just cleaning?

that's nice , not enough scotts on here

don't spoil it with newer stuff

Ok guys thanks.

Yup it's all good there is fading on the STI's and some of the paint is a bit tatty but mainly good enough to keep original.

It needs new tyres though. What do you guys suggest?

If the faded sti's get at you then there are plenty that aren't faded avaliable.

I have to agree with the others..a good looking bike and I wouldn't do much to it

Tyres..depends on what your going to use it for depends on the options really

Be carefull when riding it though..that rear reflector could guide down the space shuttle..it's huuuuuuuuge

Ha! Yes the reflectors have been removed. I'll take another picture once I've given it a bit of clean.

I recently found the same reflectors off my Sawtooth in a box, removing them must cut the bikes weigt by about 10% :LOL: replaced them with some plastic ones from B+M.

By the way, keep it as it is :p IMHO new stuff just would not look right on this one ...

Mathias

My wife's Windriver has a U2 ubrake on the back , same era but green n blue. I haven't stolen it cause it's too small!
Matthew

Matthews":35vp8pud said:
My wife's Windriver has a U2 ubrake on the back , same era but green n blue. I haven't stolen it cause it's too small!
Matthew
1990 was the only one Year, when Scott offers Boulder / Windriver with U and canti versions together
So You can see 2 bikes in same painting, one with U, one with canti/V bosses

Back