superstar rotors

Matthews

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Anybody tried them and if so how were they , been using there pads for about 12 months and no probs but both my rotors are getting a bit tired.
Matthew

Had nasty fork judder/vibration with the Flame rotors, changed to Vibes and it went. Make of that what you will...

I've some of the floating rotors no problem at all. Just re-padded two of the bikes with some of their soft compound pads and they're really good!

Anyone had issues with their Sintered pads?

I fitted some to my Elixir 3's and had really bad noise and vibration on the big long road descents on my C2C ride last week.

I think maybe I should have decided on Kevlar's rather than the sintered.

I run the flame rotors 180 front 160 back, they work really well. I found them much more powerful than the standard shimano ones my brakes used to have (slx). I put the extra power down to the aggressive cuts on the rotor keeping the pads clean and providing more edges to cut into the pad.

I get a little brake judder at very slow speeds but nothing that bothers me, and thats with the superstar sintered pads.

They are light too, although are less robust than some heaver offeings . I tweaked a red one somehow but sorted it with an adjustable spanner in a few mins.

I have also tried one of the wave rotors, it looks like the old Hayes 9 rotors. It was much heavier than the flames and didn't work as well in dry and mud

Back