My knee is fecked

RobMac":1abkn9zv said:
SPD's are usually the first first port of call for knee problems.

Only if set up badly. SPD's have float so let the foot move on the pedal as the leg/knee goes through its stroke, grippy shoes on flat pedals with pins don't.

JamesM":3lwgzdsy said:
RobMac":3lwgzdsy said:
SPD's are usually the first first port of call for knee problems.

Only if set up badly. SPD's have float so let the foot move on the pedal as the leg/knee goes through its stroke, grippy shoes on flat pedals with pins don't.

Yeah, Ive been using SPD's for about 22 years flats before that, you can have the cleats lined up badly on the sole of your shoe as well.

I've got dodgy knees and have had for years. After avoiding clipless for ages I've gone back to them but on several peoples recommendation I'm using Time pedals. Feel much better and the knees are holding out a treat.

gavinda":1k0h4em6 said:
hamster":1k0h4em6 said:
Have to disagree there.
If there's something wrong, GET IT LOOKED AT.
FFS it's free here!

I had a persistent dry cough (never smoked, not even one). Eventually the wife nagged on and booked me to see the GP. To cut a long story short, it was cancer - not exactly what you expect at 36. That was 6 years ago and I'm fine.

But get stuff dealt with, and don't be an idiot.

Good on ya :D. I'm four years cancer free.

Thanks - there are plenty of us survivors around!
Gone over 8 years now. :D
I still can't get life insurance though...I do love it when they phone up and sell it to me: I get them all interested and then tell them.

Your description of pain in knee describes mine to a tee, I've been diagnosed with RSI from twisting in and out of a car 30 times a day......it's gradually getting better but has stopped me doing anything other than gentle riding for 6 months now......ironically it stopped me ruining bikes at mayhem but has not been a good period all in.......good luck with the recovery!....My lifelong attitude of get on with it regardless seems to have been wrong footed by age!

hamster":2j1mydun said:
Also, go an see a sports physio. In my experince it's always been money well spent, as it helps you to:
1 Learn exercises to strengthen it and help it recover
2 Understand exactly what caused it to go, and to prevent it happening again.

I'll second this. They were a massive help when I was having knee issues.

Back