1978 Miyata Jp

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Caution! Roadbike content. This catalogue is solely on quality roadbikes.

miyata82_01l.jpg

miyata82_02l.jpg

miyata82_03l.jpg

miyata82_04l.jpg

miyata82_05l.jpg

The 1st (red) is pretty similar to the Koga Miyata Full Pro L I acquired recently. It too has the Miyata logos in the crown and the M's in the BB housing and lugs. Shimano dropouts and BB cableguides for both. I noticed mine has a name (VD MEER) engraved on top the BB housing under the paint, so it once was a customjob.

I am still trying to find out whether it is true that the high end Miyatas and 3Renshos (San Renshos) were built at the same line. I heard that rumour several times now.

- Melvin

Not mine :( , but sure worth a look at:

rensho_stickers.jpg

rensho_fork.jpg

rensho_seattube.jpg

rensho_frontal.jpg

Tech talk:

konno11.gif

Of what I understand one can't think of something more neat as a 3Rensho .....well, maybe a Nagasawa

I ride my mountainbikes both off road and on road. I do ride on road quite a lot. I can't get used to the tight, low bar and the steep angles of my current roadbikes. As with more nice roadbikes they are already enjoyable looking at :D

If I had serious space it would be great to have old Cinellis and Masis, a Zieleman (Dutch masterbuilder), but I do also like bonded aluminium stuff of Alan and Vitus. The point is than that except for Alan and Vitus the stuff is a tad expensive for not riding at. Alans and Vitusses are widely available overhere. A Vitus I got already (the CL1 MTB frame). It is most likely I will acquire an Alan with Nuovo or Super Record or Superbe on the short to mid long run.

- Melvin

Back