My knee is fecked

Harryburgundy":b8788m40 said:
thanks for everyones suggestion re: sports physio, but I think the Mrs would rather the disposable income was spent on other things....like food. Hate being skint :x

Ask for a referral if possible. There are often Physio's out there who can treat on NHS or even via private funding, my friend was treated for a Rugby injury by an out-patients clinic at our local Hospital, all for free. When I was at Uni I was treated for a back-injury at £5 a session, can't remember where that was subsidised from but there are option outside of private treatment.

yeah sports injuries, just what the nhs was meant for lol
about a year ago last novmber i had a spill, front wheel skid on a wet wooden bridge, used my right hand to break the fall. it felt a bit sore but i shook it off and forgot about it.
but after that for about 6 months it would hurt if i picked up anything 1 handed, i got a bit worried it wansnt improving so i went to the doctors, got a referral had an xray and booked in for a scan. thing is i hate doctors, patronising tossers, and this one was your real life doctor hibbert.
eventually i got him to admit that it would either need surgury or would get better on its own, and since i was never gonna have surgery i just left it.
got better on its own about a month later. not really relevent, just my most recent hospital experience

Have to disagree there.
If there's something wrong, GET IT LOOKED AT.
FFS it's free here!

I had a persistent dry cough (never smoked, not even one). Eventually the wife nagged on and booked me to see the GP. To cut a long story short, it was cancer - not exactly what you expect at 36. That was 6 years ago and I'm fine.

But get stuff dealt with, and don't be an idiot.

RobMac":voi6yjdz said:
Carl what kinda peddles are you using flats or SPuD's?
And hows your saddle height?

Spuds...just fitted new cleats but there is plenty of movement. Saddle height? I generally ere on the lower...I do not over stretch

I ask because if my saddle is to low I get a pain right under my knee cap usually my predominant leg. And I use SPD's as well, SPD's are usually the first first port of call for knee problems.

hamster":38fwqzyw said:
Have to disagree there.
FFS it's free here!

I had a persistent dry cough (never smoked, not even one). Eventually the wife nagged on and booked me to see the GP. To cut a long story short, it was cancer - not exactly what you expect at 36. That was 6 years ago and I'm fine.

:shock:

hamster":l5n9c133 said:
Have to disagree there.
FFS it's free here!

Good on ya :D. I'm four years cancer free.

Back