anyone here into airgun hunting for woodies and rabbits?

I have a penis and and an air rifle - same ones I've had since approx age 13, but as me dad was good with weapons I had decent supervision :D

Took a duck out as a teenager with a 12 bore - very tasty (the duck) although slightly over cooked.

Salty - HW80 :cool:

(If anyone has a Webley Tempest/Hurricane/Junior/Senior of any vintage I'd be intereted. PM me)

:D

Wife and daughter came back from the shooting club this evening, littlun managed a 1" group with 6 shots using a .22 whatever live ammo rifle it is they use over there.

And one of Wifes friends happened to mention they have a few air rifles and 3 pistols they'd be willing to sell. So we're finding out more details :cool:

saltyman":f0gv5ifg said:
i used to shoot on a couple of farms nearby with a mate, rapid 7 with full superflauge camo gear head to toe :cool: on quiet days we would plink targets out to 80yds!

rabbits and woodys would go to the farmer and his workers, for food and also food for a guys hawks, nothing was wasted.

i preffered my solo shoots, just me and my dog, blasting rats down the river....stopped that about 10yrs ago when the police had to take notice of the posh folk who moved into a new build estate and complained, the cops used to not mind me being down there, despite it being a very public area....how times change.

i still have a HW80 and a half dozen pistols of all sorts.

my old rapid 7

DSC00245.jpg

target pistol i still have

807d8eed.jpg

my big HW80

855792ec.jpg

You have excellent guns. :)

Lately I seem to have a problem with vermin, and my 1911 is having major accuracy issues due to excessive play (slide vs frame and barrel vs barrel bushing). I'll either need to sort out the 1911 or get something more accurate.
Seeing as I'd need to buy special tools to work on the pistol, it'll probably be the second option.

Never was a fan of old-fashioned hunting rifles, but I kinda like the modern-looking ones. It'll either be one of those or an assault rifle with a scope.
I know the hunting rifle is more accurate, but the garden isn't that big. I'm guessing it'll never have to do a shot that's more than 30ft.

Not really airguns at all, but has anyone used .17hmr? My mates got one and ber-lim-ey it's got some awesome power and range on it!

Not shot them myself but been around and about with people who have/do.. my understanding is that it's a similar scenario to .177 and .22 air rifles..
The .17 has a much flatter trajectory so should be more accurate over larger distance but is more affected by environmental factors.

I used to shoot with a chap who could take rabbits and foxes clean at 100yds with a .22HMR.

Ive got an old Diana 34 which I still like to plink with but have the issue of being in an overlooked garden so instead of risking a visit from the boys in black I've started to play with slingshots. No more pigeons in my garden. :LOL:

As long as it's non-ticket, it's completely legal to shoot with air rifle/pistol within the confines of your garden.

We have a cork board set up in the corner of ours, eldest finds things to pin to it and decimate :cool:

I was more concerned about the sight of me walking around with it and the hassle it may bring. Plus my wife is terrified of 'the gun' :roll: yet sees the 9mm slingshot ammo as kids stuff :LOL:

My little boy is not yet 2 and loves the slingshot to play with. He points it at the nieghbors cats shitting in the garden and declares 'KILL'.

Back