RetroBike National Series Rd 6: Peak District ~ 15/09/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
weeman_mtb":ivg2msfn said:
Count me in too please.

Will be my last bike ride before becoming officially retro myself, I'm turning 40 in the following week :|.

i hit 40 in march it's not all it's cracked up to be

I'll be there with Ben :D

Wouldn't miss that climb to the radio mast for all the tea in china, might biking highlight of the year :roll:

chrisv40":19bj7nkn said:
I'll be there with Ben :D

Wouldn't miss that climb to the radio mast for all the tea in china, might biking highlight of the year :roll:

....pervert!....

To those that are worried about being fit enough - don't worry - these guys are the nicest bunch to ride with in the UK. Even if you are desperately unfit they'll stick with you and encourage you. And if it all goes wrong and you really can't make it they'll be someone to help you back to base.

Anyway, 1 year on, 2 stone lighter and a bit fitter I just want to be not last up the final ascent. Or encouraging whoever is at the back with me! Either is good....

Roll on Saturday!

im still in two minds if i should come along.....i did love it in 2010.

poor sleep, worn out body, for a 300 mile round trip to do 20 miles on a modern bike with worn out tires!.... :? :oops:

but the views and crack are awesome....i might risk it :shock:

Forecasts for Saturday are looking pretty good at this stage. Dry and sunny.
I expect there will be a bit of water around and the Bradwell Edge descent might be a bit slippery. Everything else on the route drains very nicely.

I'll await Rob Atkin's official forecast to be sure though...

drystonepaul":27rn5qd9 said:
Forecasts for Saturday are looking pretty good at this stage. Dry and sunny.
I expect there will be a bit of water around and the Bradwell Edge descent might be a bit slippery. Everything else on the route drains very nicely.

I'll await Rob Atkin's official forecast to be sure though...

Sure thing boss!

Yup, looking ok, maybe a bit chilly on the day especially up on the tops compared to recent weather but nothing that a branded RetroBike top or group hug won't sort out in a jiffy.

;-)

60df154f.png

saltyman":25tujv0t said:
poor sleep, worn out body, for a 300 mile round trip to do 20 miles on a modern bike with worn out tires!.... :? :oops:

a modern Fatbike? probably ideal for some of that ride...even with worn out tyres

My wife might have done somthing right for once and got me off the hook for this crazy ride, it my wedding annavarsary and she wants me to do somthing what she wants to do.

somtimes i'm blessed. If she wants to spend the weekend in the intruder then i will be there but be prepared for some moaning.

thanks andy

just a quick question and thought or maybe a riddle. If we were to go as fast as the slowest man would that not put the slowest man at the back, and so if this is the case would that not in theory put the slowest man at the front because everyone would be behind the slowest man, but then if that happened then you would have a new slowest man at the back and then he would have to be promoted to the front to keep with the saying that we go as fast as the slowest person.

thats my thought for the day

thanks andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back