Pub bikes - are they real?

It's the only outing my bike gets now, a once a week blast down the hill at full bore to the pub less than two minutes from it being dragged out of my house. Riding back, no chance, it's all up said blast down hill, but on the flat before the hill I used to ride after the pub, but seem not able to these days, as I am thinking the less drinking I am doing is lowering my tolerance.

But I did come a cropper last November, when I was riding very drunk without a helmet and I fell off with my eye brow part of my skull hitting the road first, did it knock me out, no idea, I just had a banging headache and I was sitting in the road at 3am and it was very cold and yeah it needed stitches but I made do with home made butterfly plasters and it healed very slowly and I had a bit of a black eye for a while. It would have healed faster if a bonehead kelpie had not nutted me.

But that is the only riding I do these days, so yeah, mine is a pub bike and it gets locked up to a bit of pavement furniture when it's down there, too many thieving sods in the pub, never mind what lingers outside.

It's the village pub where most except the real riff raff go, because the real riff raff are barred through causing too many fights, mind there was one last week a couple of usually respectable women after the pub quiz laying into each other, it was nasty ! Men fighting is one thing, but women when they fight, it's evil.

1duck":3rp78ond said:
why cycle to the pub when you can just drive?

*...waits for total over reaction to the joke.*

The trouble with drinking and driving is that it spills everywhere :)

*...waits for Politically Correct Brigade.*

Back