anyone here into airgun hunting for woodies and rabbits?

I used to hunt bunnies with air rifle (Weihrauch HW something or other, springer in .177 flavour), ferrets and the lurchers.

No permission around where we moved to so it's all been retired. Sold all my ferreting gear and the dogs have learned to chase sticks.

Wife and eldest have just started at the local shooting club, indoor range with .177 rifles and diopter sights and eldest went to Bro-in-Laws shooting club last weekend for some hft again with air rifles.

I'd rather be hunting bunnies to feed the dogs tbh.

I used to hunt quite a bit and also shoot FT, up to World Championship level. I got a bit fed up with it all, but still have a VERY accurate S300 special, built by the guy who designed the S300 and S400.

Can I suggest you join the BASC, as an airgun member. This will give you credibility with the farmers, and may possibly give you a few local contacts too and lastly it will give you public liability insurance, which given the way people reach for a lawer at the slightest thing these days, is the reason I keep paying my subs every year.

Also, a tip for finding bunny bashing. Find local livery stables, as rabbit holes and horses do not mix. I used to have quite a few acres where I kept the rabbits down. Golf courses are good too, but most of them use professionals.

Oh and my son and I used to smash chalk disk targets (an inch round) at 60 yards. Me with my £2,500 FT rig complete with 50 mag Leupold scope, him with his 12 mag scope on his .22 Air Arms S200 :oops:

I'm with the CA.. dunno about now but, when I joined the CA their insurance was better and they were slightly less biased towards hunts and shotguns.

CA are excellent, I think the main thing is that any shooter on private land must have PL insurance.

It's also worth remembering that you need written permission from the land owner, and that you must always carry a rifle UNLOADED in a slip until you are on private land. I have never had any bother with public or Police, but both can get pretty sh*tty if you are in the wrong place with a loaded rifle.

Last, even though you don't need a licence, an air rifle IS a Section 1 firearm which is covered by all the (ir) relevant laws.

Im BASC covered and got 2 perms sorted with 3 more looking good as gotta meet up with them when i get back used to hunt when i was younger with my dad and uncle but as time went on i hit 16 went in the forces and it slowly dwindled away my brother brought a pcp so i got a springer to show him up at longer range (and i did 6mm group at 50m ;) ) mines .177 his .22 but though what the hay i miss it and the freezer could do with topping up so i've decided to start it up again already back to shoting very tight groups so with a pcp i should be bob on :D

Absolutely.. a few people I have spoken to didn't realise that for going onto property without permission, even with an air rifle, the offence is armed trespass.

The other thing worth considering is the power of any rifle.. my first one, straight from a 'proper' shop was tested at the hft club I went to at over 15ft/lb.. so if it's not sold with a certificate, get it tested before risking going down for a 5 stretch.

cannondale king":1wnueyt8 said:
now emailing farms round my way for permissions

What sort of sent/reply ratio you getting matey?

We used to 'cold call' at farms but I'm not that good at spontaneous visiting..

it will be 5 for 5 not what you know its who you know ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: i've got a good rep and as anyone that knows me knows im a nice guy

Went into the local gun shop who i've know for years after phoning to make sure he had the lightning xl in didn't realise it was me til i went in a the first he said was bloody he's back you need somewhere to shot :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have an adequately large penis and therefore don't feel the need to kill animals for fun... sorry!! 'pest control'.

al.

al":guciax5y said:
I have an adequately large penis and therefore don't feel the need to kill animals for fun... sorry!! 'pest control'.

al.

:LOL:

Regardless of penis size, my dogs like to eat wild rabbits and farmers need them gone.
Well.. some farmers need them gone, seems there's not so many rabbits round here.

Back