New Member...

We're just a couple of minutes from Stockport station, so if you can get to here then folks are always welcome to jump in the car (I could do with the fuel donations! :oops:) if the ride itself isn't near a station :)

That sounds like a good idea. I'll have to get a little fitter before I go anywhere but I will keep it in mind. You are most kind!

Joe Poncho":nz69tqn2 said:
That sounds like a good idea. I'll have to get a little fitter before I go anywhere but I will keep it in mind. You are most kind!

Cool, don't get too hung up on the fitness, the riding's very social :)

Who would I be riding with? What fitness levels etc, etc? I wouldn't want to hold others back as I am ancient and decrepit!!! My bike isn't the best in the universe either. Bit like me, grumpy, old and knackered!!! :(

Joe Poncho":14qk807q said:
Who would I be riding with? What fitness levels etc, etc? I wouldn't want to hold others back as I am ancient and decrepit!!! My bike isn't the best in the universe either. Bit like me, grumpy, old and knackered!!! :(

:LOL:
You sound like you'll fit right in!

I guess an average ride would be ten-fifteen miles, stopping at the top and bottom of every hill and (hopefully) for a pub lunch, so taking four or five hours. Not quite Olympian pace! Your bike needs to be off-road worthy (ie. not dangerous or falling apart) and you'll need a helmet, but it needn't be flash - for the last few rides I've either been on Muddy Fox that knocked me for all of £25 and a few spares out The Box, or a Mongoose that was well under a ton to build (admittedly thanks to some lovely karma).

I suppose the red route at Llandegla (sorry to swear) is good benchmark - if you can manage a lap before it goes dark you'll be okay! There are usually escape routes (shortcuts to the finish) built into rides too, for the predictably unpredictable.

Sounds excellent! Mines a Muddy Fox too but could do with an overhaul and a back brake! I'll have to see to it this next week. A Mongoose for under a £100??? Phew...lovely karma indeed
Cheers,
Joe. :D

Joe Poncho":24cey6qn said:
Sounds excellent! Mines a Muddy Fox too but could do with an overhaul and a back brake! I'll have to see to it this next week. A Mongoose for under a £100??? Phew...lovely karma indeed
Cheers,
Joe. :D

There are some very nice people on here! :LOL:

Be nice to see another Fox out, afraid mine is going to have to move on soon as we're very much out of space here (and then some!), but first I want to get back to the proper spec. Bit more karma from our esteemed AAEC should sort it!

Joe Poncho":358vt8rs said:
AAEC???

If you ever want to sell the Muddy Fox can I have first dibs please?

Assistant Area Events Coordinator (I had to look it up...)

I'll let you know, it's a 91 Courier Mega:
IMG_2272.jpg

I'm about 5'9, so 'medium', for want of more accuracy!

I'm 5ft. 10" so no problem. My Muddy is a Ranger Mega so it would go well with the Courier.
Thanks for the AAEC thing too.
Your friend,
Joe.

Back