Advice

Johnsqual":1etfed4o said:
Look KG was (is?) a full range of racing bikes so price depends on the exact model, as well as condition and so on. If it's one of the carbon fibre ones you need to check the condition very carefully if you're planning to ride it. They seem to be collectable, with some going for serious prices on ebay. It depends what you want it for - possibly too nice and too valuable to be a regular commuter bike.
Yeah just been reading into it a bit further and probably seems too nice a bike for that, but i do have my regular road bike atm so might just convert that to a single speed and use it for commuting then the Lookg KG for my main long rides which i do...

I was looking at the LookKG241... a frame + forks went for 140£ a few days ago...

Where did one go for £140? That's a good price. Looks are one of the nicest bike brands IMHO, existing uniquely between old and new styling and technology, alongside a few select bikes, such as the Vitus 992

grilla":xt9nesh3 said:
Where did one go for £140? That's a good price. Looks are one of the nicest bike brands IMHO, existing uniquely between old and new styling and technology, alongside a few select bikes, such as the Vitus 992

Was just on ebay being sold second hand... such a steal!! the vitus 992? ill take a look at it, cheers

forthelulz":1id43o10 said:
grilla":1id43o10 said:

Was just on ebay being sold second hand... such a steal!! the vitus 992? ill take a look at it, cheers

remember you need horizontal drop outs if you're fitting a fixed cog on the rear wheel!

Dead Rats":3bru4ktc said:
forthelulz":3bru4ktc said:
grilla":3bru4ktc said:

remember you need horizontal drop outs if you're fitting a fixed cog on the rear wheel!
Yeah gonna use a flip flop hub cheers

I am going to try and restore some bikes as well so a great thread!

My friend is riding in a Sportive in Italy on a Retro bike next month and it just looks amazing. I love my modern road bike but his just has elegance.

I do triathlons so hope to find a few bikes that I can restore a little and then sell on purely to pay the entry fee for Tris.

if i find one with a 49cm frame (I am a short arse!) then will keep it for myself!

Back