Midlands October idea Sunday October 14th

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just an idea for our October midlands ride , how about Long Mynd on Sunday October 14th? Guiding all sorted all you have to do is turn up!!! A venue that's been talked about us visiting but yet to fruit.

Who's in?

:cool:

Actually might be interested in this, although will have to check calendar. Slightly worried about my fitness level though - had tendonitus all summer so not got any riding in; did my first half hour on the trainer yesteday.

What sort of distance / timings are we talking? (Zaskar is itching for a proper outing :) )

We are only as fast as the slowest man pp.....emphasis on banter and beer more than heart rates!.....the mynd is pretty severe in places though!..... :D

Also - and just out of interest - what sort of kit do you guys tend to carry on these long rides? I've always just had a saddle bag packed with tools (chain tool, allen keys, spare links, spare inner tube + repair kit, cable ties, etc) a pump and a bottle of water. Most of the pics I seem to see everyone has rucksacks though. Am I stuck in retro-kit land as well as retro-bike land?

petitpal":183ch8yh said:
Also - and just out of interest - what sort of kit do you guys tend to carry on these long rides? I've always just had a saddle bag packed with tools (chain tool, allen keys, spare links, spare inner tube + repair kit, cable ties, etc) a pump and a bottle of water. Most of the pics I seem to see everyone has rucksacks though. Am I stuck in retro-kit land as well as retro-bike land?

That's sounds fine ,bring also some food or snacks and you can't go wrong and maybe some warm clothing if weather dictates :cool:

Back