Advice for attaching cadence magnet to crank arm

grilla

Retro Guru
Evenin'

Just after a bit of advice really. I recently fitted a Cateye wireless computer to my nice bike, the computer has a cadence magnet that fits to the crank arm, by means of a cable tie. Unfortunately the sticky adhesive that should help keep the magnet in place was missing, which means within not much time at all the magnet slips from it's position on the crank arm, as the cable tie is not strong enough to keep it anchored.

I don't want to glue it to the crank arm permanently, but was after a semi-permanent means of fixing it. Anybody got any ideas? I had thought about getting a sticky foam pad from a craft shop, but from previous experience these are pretty useless, and don't seem to keep things stuck as they should.

Cheers for any help!

There are some magnets available that are designed to attach (by glue and magnetism) to the pedal axle (assuming you have steel axles).

Either that, or do what I did and find some super powerful rare earth (whatever that means) round fridge magnets that are just the right size to attach to the pedal axle.

Or use a glue gun, as you can always get the glue off with heat at a later date.

I put a magnet on the pedal bolt for mine. The strength even in a relatively weak magnet will be enough to keep it there.

Back