Pedal for Scotland/Dundee Cyclathon - Well how did it go?

Just read that, it is starting too appeal to me, sounds epic, I'm a fair bit off the fitness level needed though. He mentions carbon? Are moderns allowed or is he talking about Alans and the like?

pfs

gmac123":22zp07gh said:

I did this yesterday as well in 6hrs 52mins so similar time, but Endomondo counted it as 4200 odd ft of climbing, it was never 6000ft plus???? 2 friends used garmins and had a similar count of around the 4200 mark, so did you guys climb Tinto hill or something as well??? :LOL:

I actually saw Radek at the first food stop at Galston.

Greig.

Re: pfs

GMC":ivf2yyxg said:
but Endomondo counted it as 4200 odd ft of climbing,
Greig.

Endomondo gave me a top speed on a ride a few days ago as 99.5mph.

:shock:

I'm not sure I trust it 100%. Though I will claim the record.

RobMac":13oactj3 said:
I seem to be drawn toward endurance type stuff not short sharp, am I sick????? :?

nah, it's the short sharp stuff that makes you sick :LOL:

The Ken":13oactj3 said:
He mentions carbon? Are moderns allowed or is he talking about Alans and the like?

strictly speaking the rules are 87 or before & rear brake external along the top tube, some alan carbinos and early look kg's would be possible.. but you can read posts of people doing the shorter route in particular in mtbs, and people with clipless pedals etc. you'll be glad to here we're trying to conform to the spirit and be good ambassadors for macretro and scotchland :p

GMC":13oactj3 said:
I did this yesterday as well in 6hrs 52mins so similar time, but Endomondo counted it as 4200 odd ft of climbing, it was never 6000ft plus???? 2 friends used garmins and had a similar count of around the 4200 mark, so did you guys climb Tinto hill or something as well??? :LOL:

I actually saw Radek at the first food stop at Galston.

Greig.

Peter was riding behind me, reckon he had 30 mins more at the stops and 30 more on the bike.. I've always found his readings a bit dodgy he only got the thing recently. The one that sticks out for me is heart rate, both his ave & max are always 20bpm greater than mine.

Tazio":3japsqb6 said:
GMC":3japsqb6 said:
but Endomondo counted it as 4200 odd ft of climbing,
Greig.

Endomondo gave me a top speed on a ride a few days ago as 99.5mph.

:shock:

I'm not sure I trust it 100%. Though I will claim the record.

^^^ tbh I've used Endo Pro on my Blackberry for about 2 years now, and i find it pretty consistent. with the free version i used to get some bizarre top speed readings, but not with the pro version and it seems pretty accurate in terms of elevation and timings etc compared to garmins/strava/runkeeper etc.

Back