Pedal for Scotland/Dundee Cyclathon - Well how did it go?

good effort Rado, the course was about 6000ft total climbing was it not? Also felt for you as I headed up the M77 as it was a strong southerly wind and you were heading down to kilmarnock.

ooft. 6000ft at 18mph average! Well in gents.

Hills must have been bad if you thought they were serious Radek :D

clockworkgazz":j9ydlhk8 said:
good effort Rado, the course was about 6000ft total climbing was it not? Also felt for you as I headed up the M77 as it was a strong southerly wind and you were heading down to kilmarnock.
That was a bugger, I've sitck behind back of some keeping pace pros, then tried give them shift and it was like set yourself in to flames. Worst was on old, rough surface motorway, uphill and headwind. Real arse. Even very steep last uphill on 90 mile wasyn't that in comparison. Not sure how steep that was but lots of roadies went tits and walked through will give you idea.

well done to Cam & mini Ken! great work and it looks like the boys enjoyed it too.

zigzag":bnuoedno said:
ooft. 6000ft at 18mph average! Well in gents.

Hills must have been bad if you thought they were serious Radek :D

cheers

pretty shattered today, think that's more down to trying to keep pace with the animal that radek is than any other factor...

only managed to finish with radek due to an accidential shortcut :oops: after being dropped by radek for the third time, the group I was in took a wrong turn. at the time we we were raging believing it to be a long cut. so you can imagine my surprise when bursting out the portaloo to see radek arriving at the final feed-station. turns out, said shortcut missed out the gnarliest climb of the day too :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :cool:

turning south after the Douglas feed-station into a stiff headwind, on an atrocious road surface, on a long long gradual climb, watching radeks wheel gradually pull away.. knowing that my home was 15miles away was the toughest part of the day. the last 25m, down hill and tail wind was a welcome bonus ;)

well done all

ps zigzag, hope to see your new roadie in action at one of these next year

Not bad, he went less than hour after us to finish. Cool thing that Garmin, need sort some fancy device not only speed and distance computer :LOL: L'Eroica is a hell of cycling but I beleive you'll be fine.

Bloody hell, didn't realise L'Eroica was quite so full on - always thought it was just a bit of a bimble on old bikes :) Epic riding, epic location though. Good luck Graeme, looking forward to hearing all about it - and take some pics.

Fitness would have needed a bit of work for that ride yesterday, but limiting factor is my separated right shoulder - it's alright for short rides and doesn't really bother me on the MTB, but I start riding one handed after about 40-odd road miles. Will get it fixed this winter though.

Radoslaw":3hvnt4qj said:
L'Eroica is a hell of cycling but I beleive you'll be fine.

zigzag":3hvnt4qj said:
Bloody hell, didn't realise L'Eroica was quite so full on - always thought it was just a bit of a bimble on old bikes :) Epic riding, epic location though. Good luck Graeme, looking forward to hearing all about it - and take some pics.

limiting factor is my separated right shoulder - it's alright for short rides and doesn't really bother me on the MTB, but I start riding one handed after about 40-odd road miles. Will get it fixed this winter though.

I think the team of 3 of us is feeling confident now (about completing the big yin), it's been 18mths since the initial drunken we can do it conversation :LOL: :LOL: the things you agree to when p!shed...

I'll be sure to post our pics and tales of our experiences..

if you think 205Km on retro road is hard-core check out

http://www.gustocycling.com/leroica-on- ... -gear.html

Separated shoulders are nasty, mate had a shoulder than fell out at the slightest physical effort, bl00dy NHS wouldn't pin it until he was 30 for some reason, hasn't looked back since.. good luck

Back