Proud to be British....

highlandsflyer":httwnmuv said:
You know, even if Andy wins the US Open, I hope our TDF hero gets the nod for the personality part. :)

i agree with wiggo should win, but the main trouble will be jessica ennis, gplden girl, marketing man,s wet dream with her squeeky clean image, good looks

but wiggo did call a bunch of french press ****,s , in france ,in a french race. that takes some beating :D

matthew71":1jbuz6vq said:
highlandsflyer":1jbuz6vq said:
You know, even if Andy wins the US Open, I hope our TDF hero gets the nod for the personality part. :)

i agree with wiggo should win, but the main trouble will be jessica ennis, gplden girl, marketing man,s wet dream with her squeeky clean image, good looks

but wiggo did call a bunch of french press c*nt,s , in france ,in a french race. that takes some beating :D

If he had done it in French i'd for vote him as next PM....

grumpycommuter":141dm5tm said:
What an ace year it has been..so much has been going on in and revolving around Great Britain in this year, 2012 that i know i'll be telling my kids about it in years to come. It's almost impossible to sum it up, but watching Pistorius cruise round 400m in 46s in front of a full house screaming their heads off really drove home to me that we are a nation of sports lovers....and then i caught the end of the Proms and, while that most English of pieces of music, Pomp and Circumstance is played, there are so many flags of different nations being waved, flags of people who live and work here....and then it hits me....this is without a doubt the best country in the world...tolerant, progressive, green, beautiful....I f*****g love this country :D

Quite right- with last night of the proms reservations as they always make me think of some kind of twisted spawn of Jonathan King and a bunch of Young Conservatives- it doesn't do any harm to be reminded of how fortunate so many of us are to be born British.
The Olympics have confounded my expectations and the Paralympics have been even better, especially with Jonnie Peacock with virtually no track record suddenly defeating Goliath.
There was the diamond jubilee celebrations which proved that the Queen is probably the worlds most popular head of state as well as the longest serving, to the extent that if you talk about royal families to foreigners they will instantly associate it with our royal family, even if they have one of their own, like the Swedes.
Amidst all that it was easy to overlook the 30th anniversary of the Falklands War, not only the last conflict fought by Great Britain on it's own but also the catalyst for Argentina's self liberation from tyranny and the start of full civic and political representation for the Falklanders who had previously been little more than serfs to the Falkland Islands Company.
Today I'll also be going down to my High St as it is my own community's annual Battle of Britain parade- this been the Sunday prior to Battle of Britain Day when the German's launched their biggest ever aerial assault on our realm, and Churchill, visiting Fighter Command HQ innocently asked about our reserves to be told that we had none- which always makes me think how much we have sacrificed not just for our own freedom but other people's freedom too. And how we continue to do
Also worth mentioning that Sterling is still a hard currency unlike that saviour of the western world the Euro :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: and that Britain still has an AAA credit rating, unlike almost everywhere else in the world.

One final thought; although they can be an inconvenience it is very telling that the place where illegal immigrants want to live is Britain, to the extent that they huddle on life rafts and hide under tomatoes in lorries to reach here.
Do they settle for France, afteral it'd be a lot easier because crossing the channel is probably the riskiest part of it all- instead of Britain?
Do they buggery!

Rich Aitch":1dclsdyk said:
One final thought; although they can be an inconvenience it is very telling that the place where illegal immigrants want to live is Britain, to the extent that they huddle on life rafts and hide under tomatoes in lorries to reach here.
Do they settle for France, afteral it'd be a lot easier because crossing the channel is probably the riskiest part of it all- instead of Britain?
Do they buggery!

They don't settle for France because they won't get free housing and benefits there, having contributed bu**er all to the economy! Don't get me wrong, I know there are many who do work, but we are a pushover and too many take advantage of that.

Back