Disc brake adjustment...going mad!!

Seal changes are pretty easy, but I'm not sure what the spares availability is for Shimano brakes to the end consumer. As far as i can remember shops can get service kits but I don't think they're sold to you and I, unlike other brands where you can buy every little bit.

Have the disc tabs been faced?

I still think it'd be worth getting the linkages checked out because it sounds like the issue is only when under load. Do Marin still offer lifetime warranties on their bearings?

Mindmap3":2fevuxgp said:
Seal changes are pretty easy, but I'm not sure what the spares availability is for Shimano brakes to the end consumer. As far as i can remember shops can get service kits but I don't think they're sold to you and I, unlike other brands where you can buy every little bit.

Have the disc tabs been faced?

I still think it'd be worth getting the linkages checked out because it sounds like the issue is only when under load. Do Marin still offer lifetime warranties on their bearings?

Think ill just get the shop to do it!..Damn Shimano! As for the linkages...I think that the warranty is only honoured to the original purchaser...

Just leave them alone for a week or two. Don't fiddle with, or adjust, them.
See what happens!

I'm not sure about this, but I seem to recall reading that Shimano don't do seal kits...

suburbanreuben":38mc280i said:
See what happens!

I'm not sure about this, but I seem to recall reading that Shimano don't do seal kits...

hmmm hope they Shimano do seal kits! As for the leave alone thing...kinda with you there after 4 hours of fiddling and 1.5 hours riding, and realising I spend far too much of my precious time sorting the damn bike rather than riding it!

suburbanreuben":xww958ff said:
See what happens!

oh and for some reason I find your profile pic really quite disturbing!
:LOL:

xt_3_209.jpg

there is a lot of clearance at the back - same at the front inner pad, can't quite make out gap for front outer pad.

if you are getting rubbing, then something is moving and it ain't the calliper's fault; in other words tinkering with the calliper isn't gonna fix it.

you've spun the wheel and see the dirc rotor runs true?

Back