Gazelle cross bikes

pistol13

Retro Guru
Ever since my elder brother raced a champion mondial in the mid 80's i've had an affection for all things gazelle and generally dutch bikes. Now in a position to buy em i've now got 3, 2 cross trophys(shown here) and 1 trim trophy. Cheers

The first in my cyclocross project which you probarbly have seen i've posted about the hanger problem. It's a 56 c-t with Dia-compe brakes, Stronglight headset, cranks and suntour mech's and shifters. Very much a work in progress. I've toyed with the idea of putting some ergo shifters on there but still not sure.
000_0355.jpg

000_0356.jpg

Next is my roadpath fixed project. Even more of a work in progress :). It's 58 c-t with Mafac brakeset(which i stole the hanger for my cross bike) Stronglight headset,Sugino fixed cranks, Open sports on Suzue hubs, chopped Brooks. This will eventually have(when i have some money :) ) Moustache bars, Carradice saddle bag, Wooden mudguards and a bar mounted bottle.
000_0352.jpg

000_0354.jpg

I have always wanted a 'cross bike. Something about the plain yet elegant lines. Sadly, my days of being able to trip lightly over the rough stuff seem to be gorn! Having seen these I may yet have one!

Very nice bikes Pistol ! :D

So you like Dutch bikes. Let me know whenever you need help on getting them to you. I were out for a Zieleman some time ago. Complete Super Record. Sweet bike. Sadly too small for me. A friend rides a RIH fixie. He mounted a Dura Ace AX brake in front. Gave an additional symetric, clean look to the already clean bike. Very neat.

Thanks for the offer, i may be in touch sometime soon :D. btw i'd never heard of Zieleman and have just done a search. They look very nice, pretty rare though i guess. yep, there is just something about dutch bikes that does it for me.

pistol13":1k6svk4w said:
Thanks for the offer, i may be in touch sometime soon :D. btw i'd never heard of Zieleman and have just done a search. They look very nice, pretty rare though i guess. yep, there is just something about dutch bikes that does it for me.

Zieleman was a small frameshop in one of the 19th century suburbs of Amsterdam. A one man workshop building very classy frames. Mostly race though. Zieleman was still building when I livedi n Amsterdam, end of the 80-ies start of the 90-ies. They were highly regarded at that time. Perhaps the most highly regarded framebuilder in the Amsterdam area at that time.

Back