Peterg

Retro Newbie
yep, shamelessly inspired by Chris Turners STS, but nice anyway, at least imho

Spinergy wheels
Risse airshock
Fournales Forks
Polished XT cranks

403872311.jpg

Very striking. I thought about doing something similar with mine.

In the end, I just stripped it down and put it in storage. :roll:

Hi, I am very interested in more pics pleaqe, because I am making a similar bike, based on my STS size L.

I have swapped my Deluxe shock for a Jeckyll Fox, yesterday I have received my Fournales Cobra, and I am looking for 4 or 5 spokes 700c wheels.

Yours is using 26" or 28" wheels ?

Mine is using 26 road wheels, they have 5 mm smaller axles than the mtb version so I had to turn small aluminium filler rings. Approx 1,75 mm thickness proved to be enough. Got a nice pair of 5 spoke spinergies in reserve but they need a bit of tlc first. By the way these wheels needs 571 tires, standard 26" mtb tires are too small.
Anything specific you want a picture of?
atb peter

Ok, I am well understanding why it looks a little bit different to Gary Turner one..

I would put 700c clincher rims on mine, ideally Gipiemme Tecno C946 (like Gary), or Spinergy revX...

For brakes, I have bought Paul Motolite Vbrake, which are expensive, but which allow to use 700c rims on mtb frame.

What is the weight of yours ?

I am interested in seeing pics of your rear shock, of your homemade filler rings, and bigger pics of the general bike, because it is superb !

And if you have 700c wheels to sell -> PM please !
;)

700c wheels on an STS? This is getting interesting.

Are there any other braking options?

Cyclocross brakes possibly?

The idea is from Gary Turner, who put Gipiemme Tecno wheels on his STS.
For me its the most beautiful bike ever, so I want to give my STS the same look.
GaryTurner precised that not every 28" tyres fit on STS, he put 700 x 25 SCHWALBE on its..
For braking, on front he only upped canti holder, for the rear he used a converter :

206414020.jpg

549839064.jpg

(Photo credit : GaryTurner on Melivelo french forum)

Back