Langdale Lightweight

Brian1946

Devout Dirtbag
I've had this Langdale 653 since winter 96, I bought it as a used bike off Brian Green at Langdale as used to be his, he built it in 1995 and equipped it with Campagnolo Veloce 8 speed.

Over the years it descended the bike 'pecking order' until for the past five years or so, it was my winter bike with all that entails.

This year I decided to give it a new lease of life, had it resprayed (Mercian) and refitted with Campagnolo Veloce 9 speed groupset (chorus chainset though) with wheels built from Campagnolo Mexico rims on Chorus hubs and Cinelli Groove bars and Stem. A modern saddle though. I did change the style of lettering for the name though.

It's about five pounds heavier than my carbon road bike but since rebuilding it a couple of months ago I've completed two road races and one 10 mile TT on it and it's been fine. I'm chuffed that it's back to its best.

Sorry, tried twice to post pictures but it seems the file sizes are too large, I'm stuck now!!!

Edit... tried again, no chance and no idea!!

Edit... Hooray it worked. Hope it's worth the effort?

Attachments

• Langdale Retro.jpg
    Langdale Retro.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,311
Tel":cxcsv1qm said:
Paint job is great! Not so sure about the black bits...

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, the black bits! They're what I had in my 'box of bits' but I've got my eye on a silver Cinelli groove stem.

What I do regret is selling off a Campagnolo Record aero seatpin a year or so ago.

Ah well, it's an ongoing project to tinker with.

Brian1946":3d71ksmq said:
Sorry, tried twice to post pictures but it seems the file sizes are too large, I'm stuck now!!!

Edit... tried again, no chance and no idea!!

Edit... Hooray it worked. Hope it's worth the effort?

Lovely! very nice paint job and looks to be a well put together bike :cool:

Re:

Do you know the seatpost diameter? I have one from the same period and want a period post and don’t have callipers to measure it myself. Thanks

Back