Disc brake adjustment...going mad!!

I dunno maybe I'm fussy! Just everything else on the bike works perfectly and near silent! Even the rear gear changes are like a whisper! And it just bugs me that there is this other sound! TBH when offroad and hacking it through the mud you can't hear it...just on the climbs and on the tarmac to get me to the woods...

...and yes the site keeps crashing on me today...

so once they have been pushed fully back in do you have to reset them manually I was just pushing them in then putting the pads back then wheel with rotor then pulling the lever...

Nope just push them back in as you were doing. If you find a piston sticks out again when all is back together and wheel on etc. then you can try lubing it again or might need a seal change.

yeah the one on the outer edge sticks out about 2mm when the one nearest the hub is flush...

...what does the black torx bolt on the outside of the caliper release? or should I leave well alone?

Thats your bore cap, dont touch that. It leads to right behind the piston. Unless you are changing your seals.

cyfa2809":1k7a1ow8 said:
Thats your bore cap, dont touch that. It leads to right behind the piston. Unless you are changing your seals.

Ahh ok ill leave that then...was thinking of taking the bike in for a brake service maybe I should just do that

If you can afford to get the seals done, the only time that isnt really worth getting the seals done is when you have just had the seals done.

cyfa2809":1ecktl70 said:
If you can afford to get the seals done, the only time that isnt really worth getting the seals done is when you have just had the seals done.

Ha I think I will get them done then. I got the brakes used about 4-5 months ago and just bolted them on and they seemed to work fine! The hoses are a bit long so perhaps I'll get them done at the same time...

...Just feels like admitting defeat by taking it to the shop and it means the bike is out of action for as long as it takes aswell...damn discs!

Back