Daily Fail Report On Cyclists

Im OK with the article BUT is the woman compos mentis getting hit twice in a very short time has me thinking either shes very unlucky or .............. :?

And she had her bag stolen by a gang on bikes.

I once nearly had my bike stolen by a gang on foot.

But it is the Mail so what can you expect?

once an indian tried to sell me some unlicensed chipatti's whilst wearing high heals but gave me drugs instead.

true story.

matthew71":370hehtw said:
just read this, the old lady was crossing the road, and was hit by the bike, perhaps she should look where she is going.well i suppose the rider could have swerved around her, and got squashed by a bus

Agree. Lady get your eyes tested and buy new glasses. By the look of her she wont need NHS specks.

The thing is even at a crossing - you are supposed to stop and make sure the traffic is stopping. Yes the law says the traffic should stop, but just stepping out assuming your golden is not a good move.

Mind i suppose the daily fascist headline "celebrities mum steps out into road without looking and hit's boy on a bike.. twice" is less sensational, though somewhat more truthfull.

taffy":26g0dkyz said:
The thing is even at a crossing - you are supposed to stop and make sure the traffic is stopping. Yes the law says the traffic should stop, but just stepping out assuming your golden is not a good move.
Clearly speaks a man who's never visited Skipton. Jay-walking is our ancient tradition don't you know!

The first time she was hit it states she was crossing and a cyclist jumped the lights.

Bottom line is the cyclist broke the rules and skewered her.

From the moment she was off the pavement she had the right of way.

Of course we all jump a light now and then, but we take responsibility for the consequences when we do so.

Are we really saying if you are slow, sight deficient or similar you should not be out crossing roads?

I see that the daily fail has once again achieved in their mission of raising the blood pressure of it's readership, without worrying too much about the accuracy or quality of the story that achieves that goal.

Ignore it.

highlandsflyer":vft5s29t said:
The first time she was hit it states she was crossing and a cyclist jumped the lights.

Bottom line is the cyclist broke the rules and skewered her.

From the moment she was off the pavement she had the right of way.

Of course we all jump a light now and then, but we take responsibility for the consequences when we do so.

Are we really saying if you are slow, sight deficient or similar you should not be out crossing roads?

I know you're right, but simply the source of the article makes me knee jerk in the opposite direction. I'm always telling other cyclists to follow the rules, wether from the saddle or seat, but the daily mail just ******* riles me.

Back