I didn't know what to say to this

cyfa2809":15u2nhcs said:
I was absolutely shocked. She must be 17/18. Call me stereotypical but she is blonde. Although i think thats more a product of the youth of today rather than anything else.
She was deadly serious though.

lol, you are only a youngling yourself..... :cool:

We had a couple work experience kids recently which we played some tricks on. Great fun. Especially when they are clueless about it. And then afte rthey just get paranoid about everything.
Haha yep i am pretty young. But im not stupid.

cyfa2809":39ho9tet said:
We had a couple work experience kids recently which we played some tricks on. Great fun. Especially when they are clueless about it. And then afte rthey just get paranoid about everything.
Haha yep i am pretty young. But im not stupid.

No i give you that im told your are pretty good to be fair, and a Stand up guy by all accounts.

:cool:

cchris2lou":wi8pcq3y said:
used to send trainees in the kitchen for a bowl of steam .

sparks for the welder was one of our favourites :) we had one kid running round site for three days looking for some! in the end the pipe fitters dressed him up in all their ppe gave him a bucket and told him to catch the sparks as they made them! they stuck a length of pipe in a vice and attacked it with an angle grinder :shock: he came back to our shed with an empty bucket with a rag over the top, we took a look under the rag, poured out the sparks and told him they were the colour and too short for what we were welding...... yep he went back to get some more :roll:

Had a job at a customers house, customer was real tight- no offers of cups of tea etc. 3 of us there including new lad who was a trainee. His first day. Lunchtime arrived and the smell of Bacon s/w's wafted through the house from the kitchen. It occurred to me that I ought to wind up both the lad and tightwad customer in one go :evil:

I asked the lad if he wanted anything on his Bacon sarnie. He said he wanted ketchup so I told him to go and tell the customer that.. He went in, did just that. We tried hard to conceal our laughter. He tried to conceal himself under a stone for the rest of the day.

Everyone has one of these stories.....

Work experience, Mercedes garage, aged 13, I was asked by one guy to get him a box of keyholes..... "mmm... what does a diesel technician want with a box of key holes?"

Fortunately, I had been primed by my Uncle, so asked the bloke foe a fiver and trotted off on a long lunch, via the hardware store.

Came back eating a sandwich, and tossed hime a box of these, told him (whilst stuffing face with said butty) they were £4.99 and gave a penny change

keyhole.jpg

Some other poor lad who started a week before me and was already a nervous wreck, was got with the old "tin of tartan paint" gag.
"Dont shake it up, or it'll run!"

He came back downstairs craddling this tin that even had a tartan sticker on it, only to have it knocked out his hand.... tears... panic... AGGGGHHHHH

Felt pretty bad for him really

G

Rich Aitch":5226u2r4 said:
Travelling home from work today I met a lass I know with her daughter, who is about to start her second year at [a proper] University. Her mum mentioned walking along the canal and asked if I've ever cycled that way. This got us onto talking about bikes and the daughter said she kept losing hers. "I chained the last one up really carefully to a tall BOLLARD and when I came back it was gone. Someone must have managed to lift it over the top of the bollard!"
All I could say was "Oh". :shock:

To be fair to her she was a wee slip of a girl, you know the sort skinny legs like a foal, weak handshake like most women. It'd probably never occurred to her that lots of people could just lift a bike straight up off the ground WITH THEIR BARE HANDS!

Back