1980 Pinarello fg/ss track bike with history!

shawnb

Senior Retro Guru
I bought this bike a few months ago, It was bought off of a guy who bought it from the elderly first owner. There are stickers and stampings relating to the FCI (federazione ciclista Iltaliana) it is marked fci on the rear drop out and the cranks and bottom bracket. It is rumoured to have been some sort of training bike by the Italian track cycling team. It would be great if I could find out more about it. The Italian seller had bad english skills (as I did italian :LOL: )
The bike is pretty much as it would have been built with campagnolo pista parts and nisi toro rims. I do use it carefully (no brakes etc) and it rides lovely and solidly even the 30+ year old fci branded vittoria tubs have held 100psi for over 200 miles!
I haven't ridden any other of my bikes for about a month, nuff said!!!

pinarello020.jpg

pinarello024.jpg

pinarello025.jpg

pinarello023.jpg

pinarello022.jpg

pinarello021.jpg

It was covered in wax and stored but it seems to have gone a bit hard and is everywhere so it looks much dirtier and rougher than it is.

photo118.jpg

photo117.jpg

photo116.jpg

photo115.jpg

photo114.jpg

photo113.jpg

photo112.jpg

Midlife":1tgizfq1 said:
Where on earth do you get these steeds from....... a TARDIS ??

Shaun

Yet another ebay find, this time Italian ebay! bad spelling on the listing meant it was hard to find and didn't cost the earth ;)
It gets a fair bit of 'respect' from the local hipsters in town :LOL:
The no brakes issue doesn't cause too much grief although I did have a collision today with about a dozen drunk stag do'ers wearing 'L' plates on microscooters on the cycle path :LOL:

I said in the other thread I loved it! Great to see some more shots of it here. I'd love a ride on that round Herne Hill!

Back