The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qubit":1fn3c5px said:
Not too sure what this is, looks like a Record Off Road front mech:

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... 0&Enum=113

Its in very good condition, looks almost NOS except for very small nick on the front cage.

IMG_20120906_193330.jpg

Very nice piece of kit actually.

Definitely looks like a Record OR front mech. I have one exactly the same.

I've seen them go for a range of prices on eBay recently. From £50 to some one trying to sell on for £160 which is a hit silly!

If anybody ever spots a rear mech let me know, I've been trying to find one for ages... :(

Giom6":2ncj7ud4 said:
Qubit":2ncj7ud4 said:
Not too sure what this is, looks like a Record Off Road front mech:

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... 0&Enum=113

Its in very good condition, looks almost NOS except for very small nick on the front cage.

Very nice piece of kit actually.

Definitely looks like a Record OR front mech. I have one exactly the same.

I've seen them go for a range of prices on eBay recently. From £50 to some one trying to sell on for £160 which is a hit silly!

If anybody ever spots a rear mech let me know, I've been trying to find one for ages... :(

Cheers, much appreciated. Looks like the one on ebay sold for 145. which seems a bit steep for a front mech! Sounds like this group is hard to come by?

Found this one fitted to an old 10 speed Peugeot mixte for some reason!

what are these old wheels worth?

i am wondering what these might be worth, sovos hubs/7 speed freewheel.
i tried to get a pic of the stamping but my photo skills at 3:30 AM are poor at best, and the close up was too blurry.
they say ARAYA 26 x 1.50 JAPAN but no model number on them.
the front is complete but the rear has no axle/cones/etc, just the suntour freewheel, a few rusted spokes but really nice considering their age.
i "think" they are off a 87/88 specialized hardrock.

Attachments

• Araya rims-sovos 7sp freewheel.JPG
    Araya rims-sovos 7sp freewheel.JPG
    328.1 KB · Views: 1,031
Looking for some advice on fork pricing

Cannondale Pepperoni, wee bit of cable rub at the crown

7969626284_911d123ef7_b.jpg

RST Mozo Pro, the original nicely finished ones.

7969629312_34d841d620_b.jpg

Ritchey Logic forks, tatty with short steerer.

7969632102_ae14683853_b.jpg

Shocktech's need a service/overhaul

7969634918_a9a91babf5_b.jpg

kaiser":3td6op78 said:
Looking for some advice on fork pricing

Cannondale Pepperoni, wee bit of cable rub at the crown

Sold some P Bones recently for £30 delivered, if these are 1 1.8th then I guess about the same.

RST Mozo Pro, the original nicely finished ones.

Again, these are usually about £40 provided steerer isnt too short. Yours look in good nick so wouldnt ask for less really.

Ritchey Logic forks, tatty with short steerer.

Short steerer really lessens the market I guess. £25? Are they super light? If so might get more, might not :LOL:

Shocktech's need a service/overhaul

Not seen many sell recently to price against but if needing work cant see much more than £20ish? But that is a lot of guesswork.

peguinpower":3gxp49yx said:
I just picked this up. It's sort of a rarity I believe. What do you think?

IMG_9559.jpg

No idea but (A) its very nice and (B) the parts will be worth a bit on their own.

If you have just picked it up is that not an indication of value? Or was it a bargain?

Foxychick":fquvi0oy said:
Can anyone give me an idea please as to what these cantilevers might be valued at, had a look and have seen the narrow profile newer types, but can't find any of these

FEC6BC21.jpg

Model number on the rear of one pair of arms state M730 the other pair has a number of M732.

Thanks

If you have all the bolts and springs as well (not in photo) then usually looking at about £15+ for full set.

coomber":3jkkzw5q said:
peguinpower":3jkkzw5q said:
I just picked this up. It's sort of a rarity I believe. What do you think?

IMG_9559.jpg

No idea but (A) its very nice and (B) the parts will be worth a bit on their own.

If you have just picked it up is that not an indication of value? Or was it a bargain?

Not really a bargain. I am trying to gauge if I bought an obscure nothing bike, or a jewel in the rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back