Holme Valley MTB challenge 09/09/12- some pics! p2.

i've opted for the new 15 miler. weather looks ok too. a good, organised way to see the place. all new to me.

early lauch more or less guarantees a lunch finish, back to 'string o beads' for my carvery.

The On One is already Marc, looking forward to crashing into Toffs on 5K carbon fiber bikes :evil: I best shut my gob I have just ordered a Boardman Pro MTB through the cycle to work scheme, pick it up on Monday, I just couldn't resist :oops:

slmracing":131jajir said:
The On One is already Marc, looking forward to crashing into Toffs on 5K carbon fiber bikes :evil: I best shut my gob I have just ordered a Boardman Pro MTB through the cycle to work scheme, pick it up on Monday, I just couldn't resist :oops:

good job this forum isn't globally viewable :eek: all this modern talk :eek: :eek:

damn it is! oh well we will just have to rock up and blend in, although i may get some funny looks on a fully rigid mtb from '93. ;)

You will be quicker than a lot of them Marc, I might take the Dawes wildcat if I can get it ready on time :D

slmracing":2vr102ol said:
...best shut my gob I have just ordered a Boardman Pro MTB through the cycle to work scheme, pick it up on Monday, I just couldn't resist :oops:

I heard that, 'modern boy'. You'll be selling the old stuff soon and riding with singletrack ;)

Have a good ride and photo's and stay out of old grannies gardens ;)

FluffyChicken":1wz7nfug said:
slmracing":1wz7nfug said:
...best shut my gob I have just ordered a Boardman Pro MTB through the cycle to work scheme, pick it up on Monday, I just couldn't resist :oops:

I heard that, 'modern boy'. You'll be selling the old stuff soon and riding with singletrack ;)

Have a good ride and photo's and stay out of old grannies gardens ;)

No chance Ben you can't get rid of me that easy, I have even more old stuff, think i need to retire to get all this riding in :D :D :D :D

we had a go at this this morning, some decent double-track.

plenty of tarmac but even more single-track/bridalways.

although not on form( ok, i would say that ;)) did 2h 2m 12s-15 miles.

two particularly long, steepish climbs but, no killer really. will sleep well tonight :)

'93 clockwork kicked some modern butt. steel on-one got stu round with no failures :cool:

PICT0005-3.jpg

PICT0004-2.jpg

cheers.

Cheers for posting the pic Marc, the Guys in the picture going down the track had no idea what was about to happen to them, some idiot on a steel On One blasting past them and right behind a 93 Orange clockwork, rigid with cantis gracefully passing Modern full sussers.

I thought this event was well organized and you get a lot for your £15, a t shirt, tea, coffee, bacon butties and proper curry supplied by the Masala lounge ( the main sponsor of the event ) I think I am going to enter the next one the Calderdale mountain bike marathon on the 14th of October 26 miles

http://www.cmbm.org.uk/index.html :D :D

Back