Lymes disease 90% got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great that your 3rd doctor seems like a sensible guy who doesn't think he knows better than you just because "I'm a doctor". Hopefully now that you are getting the proper treatment you'll start to feel better soon.:D
Also if he is as reasonable as he seems he might be amenable to giving you the longer treatment to ensure that the Lymes is completely gone.

so to recap

tick bites are relatively uncommon, you would be unfortunate to get bitten by one, highly unlikely to be bitten by two, but you got bitten by 4 ticks all at the same time in late summer, when tick bites are most common in late spring and early summer?

even though estimates for the percentage of ticks infected with lymes disease vary from 15-60%, All of the aforementioned ticks that bit you were infected with lymes disease,

All four ticks whose usual behaviour is to attach themselves and gorge for days, attached themselves unnoticed by you to highly noticeable and visible areas such as your hands, fed rapidly and dropped off.

The risk of developing lymes disease from an infected tick is 1-3%. but all of your bites to some degree showed the typical bullseye rash which indicates lymes disease.

the lymes bullseye rash typically appears 3 - 30 days after one is bitten, however your rashes appeared quickly and were begining to fade after the third day?

I hope you're doing the lottery this weekend. :roll: :LOL:

not sure on your re-cap but to re-cap

Rashes appeared 10 days after visit to water park (i assumed i got bit on the day the rashes appeared-wrong) and can be typical 50% atypical 50% approx (ie shape isnot bull eye)

Rashes can come and go quickly...or typically slowly..like many diseases there are typical and atypical showings making Lymes difficult for some doctors to diagnose.

Lymes can appear as 1 or 2 rashes or disseminated (ie lots of rashes as the bacteria has spread already)

Lymes is in lots of areas although there are hot spots. Also there is increasing evedence that it can be carried by other insects like mosquito.

In EU the sheep tick (very small) is usually the carrier.

The park i went to was closed in 2001 as 4 people were rushed to hospitol with bad black fly bites....the area is perfect for many insects inc ticks to mutiply.

I got bit by mosquito, poss black fly and poss horse fly they were all out that day ! and went into the woods looking at moth caterpillars......i had shorts on and went into tallish marshy grassy thickets. But i could have easily been bitten at the picnic tables.

My 3rd doc has delt with Lymes before and is as confident as he can be, the other 2 doctors, 1 a newbe and one the head practic nurse (who is allowed emergency appointed diagnosis) were just viewing the rashes as they came up in the early stages so assumed wrongly.

I have some symtoms of early Lymes.

The lottery would be nice, we actually won just over £114 last Sat thanks ;)

so you got it from a fly why didnt you say so

ooh whats this google says

"Nevertheless, on the basis of the jogger's experience, Luger concluded that Lyme disease "may rarely be transmitted by biting flies," he said in a letter published in The New England Journal of Medicine.

But Lyme disease expert Andrew Spielman of the Harvard University School of Public Health in Boston challenged the report.

"It may not be impossible, but it comes as close to being impossible as anything I've heard," said Spielman, who discovered that the disease is transmitted by ticks that feed on mice and white-tailed deer.

Luger's letter "doesn't convince me at all that there is anything but ticks that people ought to be paying attention to," he said.

Research has shown that ticks generally need to be attached to a person for more than a day to transmit the disease, Spielman said. A fly bite occurs in "just a few seconds," he said.

The jogger more likely was infected through an unnoticed tick bite, Spielman said. It may also be possible that the fly bite triggered a reaction by the jogger's immune system linked to a previous episode of Lyme disease, he said."

and why didnt you say that your rash appeared after ten days and was actually the disseminated infection where

" Rash. Several areas of the skin (not where the tick bite occurred) may develop a rash similar to erythema migrans (described above). These 'secondary' rashes tend to be smaller than the original stage one rash. These tend to fade within 3-4 weeks. hmm didnt you say three to four days for yours.

so after visiting the drs three times, googling extensively the symptoms of lymes disease in between, you managed to convince the third doctor who wasnt just trying to get rid of you due to the amount of time you was taking up in surgery, that you had lymes disease.

I hope you get well sooon by the way and good luck in the lottery
;)

If you would like the contact details of my doctor who has delt with Lymes before .....you can argue with him about it.

Your such a dick head.

greenstiles":362r61y5 said:
If you would like the contact details of my doctor who has delt with Lymes before .....you can argue with him about it.

Your such a dick head.

lol, im only trying to clarify things for everyone, now if you had only told us that you are a medical marvel and that you had both the inital rash and the secondary stage rash at the same time and that you had caught it from a fly there would have been none of this confusion.

Being called a dickhead by you is the upmost compliment so thanks.

nowyou say your dr has dealt with a case of lymes before, i bet he has also dealt with hundreds of timewasting hypochodriacs , and knows the best way to deal with them is to nod and smile, agree with everything they say give them their pills and send them on their way

and its you're a dick head as in you are, not "your" dear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back