drive train problem

dirtydozen

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just setting up my mantra and its driving me mad. Its going through the gears fine but when I pedal backwards the chain is going very slack, to the point of it catching when im riding it.
Only thing I can see that needs doing soon is front will need changing but I can't see how this could create the problem.
I thought it would be summat to do with the freehub so I put another wheel on but its still doing it.

what about the jockey wheels on the derailleur?

i'm far from any expertise, but ive had this on my bikes before and a good degrease/deshit seams to help here.

Check the gear alignment make sure the mech is bang on over the cogs in the cassette also is the chainline ok not pulling over to one side to much.

with regards to chainline it is sitting a little over towards the big ring when in the middle but the mech is lined up proper???

sounds like the freehub could be gunky sticky, replace freehub or remove and soak in white spirits which seems to be my answer for eveything these days

remove the little rubber flange if it has one to get the white spirits right in there ,spind the freehub when immersed then regrease

i really should read the full question, new rings then possibley

Back