Are used car prices going up???

Mr Panda":w6xzp2uj said:
I'm worried. Seem to be developing some lust for another Discovery. :oops:

Fortunately have no spare cash with which to achieve this senseless goal :D

Trying to cycle/walk more. Drive less. Hmmmmmm......

It is the time of year to act fast, before the weather turns and everyone wants a 4x4.

I am hankering after one of these...
49059.jpg

Lucky they are rare enough for me to get over the lust before I happen upon one whilst drunk with a win on the horses in my pocket.

highlandsflyer":20shccvr said:
Mr Panda":20shccvr said:
I'm worried. Seem to be developing some lust for another Discovery. :oops:

Fortunately have no spare cash with which to achieve this senseless goal :D

Trying to cycle/walk more. Drive less. Hmmmmmm......

It is the time of year to act fast, before the weather turns and everyone wants a 4x4.

I am hankering after one of these...
49059.jpg

Lucky they are rare enough for me to get over the lust before I happen upon one whilst drunk with a win on the horses in my pocket.
What's that jasper piped into the front of it?

highlandsflyer":1swx0v4p said:

Sold yesterday. I was going to go and look tomorrow :cry: . Hardly suprising as it was the only one at a decent price.

Alot of these cars are at posh dealers where you have to book an appointment and they have a Maserati or something on their homepage. This one for example:

http://www.adgsevenoaks.co.uk/used-car- ... estate-793

40% more for an older car with a few less miles. I guess it's because of the appointment/maserati on home page thing. The other car was just from a normal dealer.

Are used prices going up, maybe, but recently I have had a little scrote come up to me and ask to buy my Clio off me, I said sure give me a grand and you can have it, he says it is not worth that much and I said it is to me.

It seems mark one 1.4RT's are sought after.

Got to sort that sunroof out though, am fed up with getting drowned following a rain storm.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm struggling a bit trying to buy something medium size for £1k at the moment. It's been a few years since I had a car in this price bracket and they're used to be loads of them. Now they all seem to be asking a bit for them. Dealers asking nearly double what they would be worth in the private market. Hard work!

There was a nice 1.8T Golf GTi locally for £800. 4 new tyres, just been serviced, new discs and pads etc. Went round all excited to find it had done 154k miles :( Too many for me, although probably still worth the money.

EarlofBarnet":1eca8wfh said:
Went round all excited to find it had done 154k miles :( Too many for me, although probably still worth the money.

isn't it an issue of whether serviced properly and when the timing belt was last done for example as these are couple of hundred to get changed with the water pump and supposed to be every 60,000 miles or so.

we have an old 51 plate 1.4 polo, had 8 years done 95k on it plus the 30k when we got it at 3 yrs old, at least I know been properly maintained and impact that has, but seems some of the sensors etc are "designed" to limit the economic life of the car - more hassle than our 38 year old landy and 52 year old healey

Back