BIGFOOT Smokestone 1993 (now NeilM's)

Couple more pictures.

DSC_0197.jpg

Gil_m's handiwork.

DSC_0200-1.jpg

Nice bit of anodising.

DSC_0204.jpg

Looks fantastic Neil, you must be really pleased with it.

Love the choice of components, from the Mavic headset to the Middleburns. All very cool in my opinion :cool:

Great job on the anodising, thats a very nice touch. Love the colour too, very striking :)

Wow nice work Neil decals look good, get a pic up with a black seat & amberwalls just for curiosities sake if you get time!
Gonna be a bright day in the FoD with smokey & the goat! :LOL:

Tc

I am a little undecided about the saddle, but don't have a spare black one here at present. I'll see what I can rob off one of the other bikes. I could also slap in the wheels from my Zaskar, as I still have some serviceable amberwalls on it.

As a matter of interest, the WTB's are original retro, as fitted to my STS in 1997, so none of yer modern rubber here. Also, I think they suit the red / black theme that I chose for 'smoky'.

I'll see what I can do later, just as a comparison.

very nice

i wish e-stays were the future
but then we'd be in 1991

win win i guess

mikee":3cc3lpvz said:
i wish e-stays were the future
but then we'd be in 1991

I think some members think they are in 1991 ;)

I'll sort out a black saddle this week. In truth, the red one just happened to be in stock (although it is a good saddle).

As for the FoD, with me on the Bigfoot and TC on his bright orange 'Goat', you won't be able to miss us :cool:

UPDATE.

First time out on the Bigfoot today. In fact, first time out on any bike since dislocating my shoulder four weeks ago :evil:

Quick 10k blast, just to shake down any teething troubles and blow the cobwebs out of my lungs.

It seems there are plenty of cobwebs :oops:

Little bit of tyre rub on one side of the front brake, stretched front mech cable and a bit of an issue caused by having a 68 mm bottom bracket in a 70 mm shell. I'll have to give that one some thought.

Overall, a really easy bike to ride, climbs pretty effortlessly , steers nicely without being twitchy at all and the Pace RC35's eat up bumps and steer like rigids.

All in all the first impression is very good. So at the weekend it'll be up the rocky climb and into the local woods :twisted:

Back