1982 One-Owner Ritchey

Repack Rider

Senior Retro Guru
A friend gave me some NOS Fisher FatTraxx tires, and I used that as an excuse to drag my wife's old bike down from the rafters and re-assemble it.

She bought this new in 1982, and about ten years later I upgraded the fork and bars to SwitchBlade and Salsa, and upgraded the Mafac brakes to Dia-Compe.

Drive train is original including TA cranks. Wheels are Suzue bolt-on hubs with Araya 26 x 1.75 rims, built by Wheelsmith.

Attachments

• ritchey_B_05.jpg
    ritchey_B_05.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 1,416
  • ritchey_B_04.jpg
    ritchey_B_04.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 1,416
  • ritchey_B_03.jpg
    ritchey_B_03.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 1,416
  • ritchey_B_01.jpg
    ritchey_B_01.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 1,416
Old Ideas

CK - you're finally getting the hand of this retro thing ain't ya?!

Your next stop should be to bring that bike to race in our Sports Casuals Team and a copy of Klunkers to premiere at the Mountain Mayhem 24 hour race in June - they have a full sized screen on which they play movies all night for all the spectators... (last year we had 'The Goonies'...!)

Mr K

Re: Old Ideas

mrkawasaki":kaagosvz said:
CK - you're finally getting the hand of this retro thing ain't ya?!

Your next stop should be to bring that bike to race in our Sports Casuals Team and a copy of Klunkers to premiere at the Mountain Mayhem 24 hour race in June - they have a full sized screen on which they play movies all night for all the spectators... (last year we had 'The Goonies'...!)

Mr K

If you're buying, I'm flying!

Repack Rider":304n7yru said:
slimpee":304n7yru said:
You're all over the place, Charlie!
Are we acquainted? You don't have a profile yet.

Nah, but I post at MORC, the MTBR vintage, classic, and retro forum, and here and you've posted at all three in the past few weeks. I have the same SN for each forum. Plus, I really dig the history on your site and the contributions you've made to the sport. :D

Back