Show us what you did today, thread

Went for a wee spin.

Built it up from scratch on friday night, and today I donned my tight gear and took it out. It weighs in at a lovely 11.8kg and I have to say its an absolute joy to ride, real flying machine. :D
Single chainring and single canti brake, haven't tried that in the wet yet though. :?
To start off her new life, a wee 24 miler around West lothian and the Forth Road Bridge, stopping off for a much needed refreshment along the way.
:LOL:
ForthBridge0209122.jpg

ForthBridge02091213.jpg

ForthBridge0209125.jpg

ForthBridge020912.jpg

hmmm nice shiny dales , love em

should stick some dirt tyres on it and come round kelty wids wi us tho

mikee":3vfsdr29 said:
should stick some dirt tyres on it and come round kelty wids wi us tho

Hmmm... I've got a bouncy Giant for wids 'n that...... This would give me a sare arse! :LOL:
I'll try it one day with knobblies no doubt, probably be no more hardcore than the canal towpath though. :D

Changed the tyres and trued the rear wheel on the cross check. Worst factory built wheel I've ever had. :evil: still love the bike though. :cool:

IMGP0355.jpg

Cheers guys. All in the swift club, are we?;)

The bag is a Barley rather than a Camper long flap. About half the size I think. The rack is a Carradice bagman. Just supports the bag, and in my case helps keep it in the right place. Because of how I like my saddle positioned without the bagman the bag sat at a funny angle. :? I like it. Nice wee rack. You'll need to get a pic up of yours wi the Camper fitted Rob.

As for the pedals, I know, but, they don't look all that bad, do they? :oops:

I have another pair of the Ritcheys which are a bit scruffier so I thought I might strip them back to the alloy. Might look a bit better?

Back