RetroBike National Series Rd 6: Peak District ~ 15/09/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to poor planning, The Ruddock will not be riding the fabled route of Retrobike legend. I'm off to Ibiza tomorrow morning and returning as you folk jaunt across the hillsides - I may even be able to see you all as the plane is due into Ringway around 1pm. Have a good day, as always, and if you do have to bitch about me, then do so with some wit... ;-)

Attachments

• Destination Kawasaki.jpg
    Destination Kawasaki.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 708
Sure thing Matty
Is yours rigid still lol
If you will excuse the double entendre
If you are then I will join your Syncros power blades with my good ole project twos ;)

mrkawasaki: You are duly awarded 'Pike of the Ride'

LongBoardSi: I've no problem if some riders want to take a diversion down Cave Dale and then back up the broken road.
The main route avoids the additional descent and climb and will still continue as usual. We can all reconvene at the Mam Nick car park as we did last year.

Bowie: We always ride to the pace of the slowest rider, which seems to be quite a prestigious honour for many on this ride. There is usually a fight to be at the back.
There are also several short-cut options if anyone really begins to struggle.

looking forward to this now, went round rivington with a bunch of modern riders today.
got some strange looks on my fully rigid dynatech.
split the sidewalls on my tyres & snapped a spoke.
so i'll be riding the rc100.

drystonepaul":j3cq0hb4 said:
LongBoardSi: I've no problem if some riders want to take a diversion down Cave Dale and then back up the broken road.
The main route avoids the additional descent and climb and will still continue as usual. We can all reconvene at the Mam Nick car park as we did last year.

That's quite a beast of a diversion - I'd suggest we reconvene at the cafe, that we it'll stagger the group down the descent into Edale ... and stagger the queue for cakes! ;)

CaveDale isn't to be taken lightly either - it's a brutal rockfest that I doubt more than two or three riders will get down cleanly (myself not being one of them!), although that said it's only a hundred yards or so and the rest is a fun swoop. That's one hell of a climb up the old road out of Castleton though - three miles and nearly all granny ring - so you'd better be very keen! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back