Kona Cindercone 1997

Saw this on Saturday - looks great :)

Would agree it probably deserves better than the Indys, either a P2 or Judy would be just the ticket.

Ok, since no-one else has said it I will. If you ever think of selling this then hit me up :LOL: It's an 19" isn't it?

My first proper bike...well not technically 'cause I had a 95 CC that was nicked and turned into a 96 that also got nicked and so turned into a 97 that I had for years until it died :cry:

chayanderson":58l3yher said:
Thanks John, I've tried to keep it standard so I'll probably fit a nice pair of P2s

If you fit rigid forks then you wont be keeping it standard bud, with it being a 'mountain shock' its goemetry is designed to have suspension fitted (yes i know some of the later P2 forks were longer to allow a suspension designed frame to be sold with rigid forks) but it should have a bouncy front end!

The 'race light' frames were the ones that came with project two's and werent suspension corrected in their design!

That aside thats a lovely looking bike, there is one i keep seeing round here with a lass riding it, saw it and missed it on the bay a while back, looks bog standard apart from having a 'ging' chain tensioner fitted, always turns my head when i spot it :D

Spudly":12nws3yb said:
chayanderson":12nws3yb said:
Thanks John, I've tried to keep it standard so I'll probably fit a nice pair of P2s

If you fit rigid forks then you wont be keeping it standard bud, with it being a 'mountain shock' its goemetry is designed to have suspension fitted (yes i know some of the later P2 forks were longer to allow a suspension designed frame to be sold with rigid forks) but it should have a bouncy front end!

The 'race light' frames were the ones that came with project two's and werent suspension corrected in their design!

Actually, from 94 onwards all these frames were suspension corrected - the only difference between a Race Light and a Mountain Shock on the frame itself was the decal. P2s were lengthened at this point to work with the new geometry, so feel free to put P2s on it if you wish. As long as they are period-correct, the geometry will be fine. The decal will look a bit odd though...

Oh, and beautiful condition bike, well done!

In the brochure there isn't any specified changes in geometry. The P2s have shown up whish are from the correct period so I'll fit them ASAP and see how she feels. The steerer length is a bit short so I'll have to remove the spacer collars though. They are black with yellow P2 decals. I ideally want grey/silver with a longer steerer. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the compliments guys.

They will be the later ones and will probably be suspension corrected, if you measure them dropout to crown, they should measure pretty much the same as the Indy's do, thats a rough way of checking!

As for the stickers, thats pretty much what i meant (hence adding the bit about suspension corrected P2's in brackets) lol

This bike has to go to make way for my next project if anyone is interested. £300 plus postage. I'll put it in the classifieds section if no one wants dibs!

Back