E3 it now rides and I'm happy.

AFAIK a genuine SS but still a pile of poo. It could be forsale if you fancy a project not mine BTW but a customers.
Matthew

Nice :cool: , plans for it sound great, they are superb frames.

Ran an E3 as a single speed a couple of years ago, loved it,
very light, fast and responsive, did a similar clean up job.

e3.jpg

When i got it it had a cable noodle missing on the seat tube so i cut
off all the other cable stops just leaving the one for the rear brake :oops:

Bought another a while ago, will build it up eventually, fully geared
this time.

It's moving slowly , tried RST forks but not sure, still slowly acquiring bits for it and yes I know the steerer needs cutting to length.
Matthew

Attachments

• 2012-09-07_14-09-58_704.jpg
    2012-09-07_14-09-58_704.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 999
I have an E3 RS (Race Specification) a light and very nimble bike, also have an E2 frame which I intend to build up (minus forks at mo)

Will be watching the thread with interest, good luck with build

Slighty more progress, list of things to buy is reduced to gear cables, rear cassette and chain (I think).
Matthew

Attachments

• 2012-10-09_18-36-51_77.jpg
    2012-10-09_18-36-51_77.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 554
  • 2012-10-09_18-37-26_184.jpg
    2012-10-09_18-37-26_184.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 554
nearly rideable then, matthew.

looks like you have got what need out of it, brakes that work, front sus and good looking chainrings. should prove a good all-rounder :)

hope to see it soon.

Yes it's getting there , rear brake is a bit of an unknown quantity as there's been a bit of "machineing work" done to the rear caliper to make it fit , hopefully it's secure enough but time will tell, would like to swap the green and blue chainrings for some red ones (they are both nigh on brand new) as red seems to be the colour of a lot of the other bit's that've turned up. If finances are favourable it might be out at Welton but don't hold your breath.
Matthew

E3

Loving the frame, but not the brakes :cry: All that extra weight and losing it's retro appeal altogether, may as well buy a modern rig. I'd stick with period parts.

Back