1989 Orange Formula - pic update

nevadasmith":3rkt6io5 said:
Picked this stem up from eBay - looks like a good candidate for the Formula.

It is fillet brazed, very nicely made.

As advertised it was a Orange 'prototype' but I've never seen a Orange stem with a roller before - they all seem pass to be of the type that pass the cable through the steam vertically.

Anyone got an idea as to it's origin?

**** it! who cares - its period and fits the background of your frame perfectly - if not, give it to me and the fillet brazing will match the Overbury's...

legrandefromage":2d60rdfw said:
f**k it! who cares - its period and fits the background of your frame perfectly - if not, give it to me and the fillet brazing will match the Overbury's...

No question, it is going on the build - I'd just like to know some more about it :D

brocklanders023":7bxniac8 said:
Not seen one before but it looks sweet. :D

Completely agree, I think its an awesome bit or craftsmanship and would look sweet as with that frame :)

nevadasmith":31tdmn7j said:
sinnerman":31tdmn7j said:
Hows it coming along mate, any updates for us...?

Carl,

Not really - the frame is with Kevin and will be for a few months - he is going to e-mail pics as it progresses.

I have got bars/stem and a NOS XT headset.

Just looking for a 27.2mm XT seatpost and a saddle - thinking a white Rolls :?

Hows it going then...? has Kevin Emailed you with progress pics?

I am really keen on this project, you are a life saver..!!!

I have been secretly hoping, its all but done, and you are about to Bring out the BIG GUNS for BOTM.

its a winner already in my book.

:cool:

P.S.

Once this has been saved and rebuilt, are you going to use it in anger and make full use of it, or is it going to be something you occasionally use and keep nice...?

I only ask because of the stem, it is gorgeous, but i wonder if you have offered it up to the frame, for length and reach...?

150...? 0 or 5 degree..?

sinnerman":18t4zcxl said:
150...? 0 or 5 degree..?

155mm 0 degree :cool: long and low!

Actually it will work well for me as the frame is possibly a little on the small size in terms of TT length.

It'll be a riden.

Kevin starts work later this month - I hope!

As soon as I have pics I'll post them up.

Back