Fife and Tayside rides thread

I'll be doing the Dundee Cycalthon with the boys - the wee one should complete the full route this time, including the 2 mile climb.

There is also the Edinburgh Sky Ride on saturday but as they have restricted it to holyrood park it's not really the biker empowerment trip that these thing usually are.

The Ken":1mpredpy said:
There is also the Edinburgh Sky Ride on saturday but as they have restricted it to holyrood park it's not really the biker empowerment trip that these thing usually are.

I just checked it out, a bit rubbish really, especially since Holyrood Park is traffic free every Sunday anyway. Also interesting that the wee Edith Bowman intro video on the website has her merrily cycling around without a helmet. I thought these events would be promoting safe cycling for kids.

Yes I was really dissapointed when I saw the route - I would have come down for it but no longer worth the effort as I have a charity run on the sunday.

The Ken":3cjslmub said:
I'll be doing the Dundee Cycalthon with the boys - the wee one should complete the full route this time, including the 2 mile climb.

Yeah but what about you? :shock:

:LOL:

To be honest Rob, I'll probably be feeding sweets to him every 10 yards on that one, along with a hand on the back on the steepest bits. It's amazing how easy it is cycling up hill when you are going at the speed of a 7 year old at his limit, but I won't tell him that.

..... He'll get the Feel the pain/Life is hard speech :)

Back