alex zanardi

I remember seeing his crash where he lost his legs, as soon as it happened I thought, he ain't getting out alive

So often you see so many moaning about how hard their life is then you see how Alex has rebuilt his life and is now a gold medal olympian

A feel good story no doubt

Total legend. All time legend.

Blown away.

I have worked with some legendary 'disabled' people, but Zinardi really trumps the lot with his attitude.

He reconciles being a macho sportsman with being a disabled sportsman. He shows you don't need to give up being a man when the shit hits the fan. He deals in humour and humility, (where others might indulge in self loathing, doubt and negativity), yet gives nothing at all away in terms of being a competitive and professional human being, hard as nails.

Total hero.

highlandsflyer":4trbmj1j said:
Total legend. All time legend.

Blown away.

I have worked with some legendary 'disabled' people, but Zinardi really trumps the lot with his attitude.

He reconciles being a macho sportsman with being a disabled sportsman. He shows you don't need to give up being a man when the shit hits the fan. He deals in humour and humility, (where others might indulge in self loathing, doubt and negativity), yet gives nothing at all away in terms of being a competitive and professional human being, hard as nails.

Total hero.

The word 'hero' has lost it's meaning nowadays, only used to describe footballers and other darling of the 'red tops'......

but the word has been reclaimed at last...i have nothing but admiration

Latest posts

Back