Ibis Ti Mojo build up

stevet1":223cc2j2 said:
I've seen the ibis polished titanium stems before which are stunning, but that frame is off the scale.

It came with Ibis stem & bar, had to get the stem repolished (came out stunning & matches the frame nicely). The bar is duller Ti but will be mostly covered up. I'd consider cleaning up the bar if I could purchase the same decal new.....looks like it wil stay as is for now with the patina.

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

The process for polishing Ti like this is pretty exhaustive.

M900 brakes w/Avid levers (black/silver). These are the '95 brakes with cartridge pads, a year later than '94 but I like the cartridge system and have lots of spares. Really clean levers, took awhile to find.

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

M900 derailleurs, XC Pro 8 Speed shifters, XTR M950 12-32 cassette. The purple pulleys are an option. I'll get a new SRAM chain and hope that works. If not I have a number of M737 cassettes w/chains in parts bin.

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

Salsa skewers in black, would be nice to find the no logo 32mm seat collar

IMG_0436.jpg

Syncros Ti 28.6mm post & SDG Kevlar saddle

IMG_0433.jpg

Ritchey ZMAX Tires 1.9, NOS
IMG_0440.jpg

had a couple pairs of grips in the box, I think I will go with the YETI and throw on some Ibis Rosies, I like barends.

IMG_0434.jpg

Housing will just be a standard black. I think that's all!! Put the bottom bracket in this afternoon, smooth as silk & chainline looks stellar. :cool:

Don't know how I missed this one Dave - that frame looks stunning. One of the nicest ti frames I have seen.

Please build it up soon ! :)

Back