Mystery bike, French, Shimano, English BB?

I prefer the rake at the lower part of the fork blades, it should be a smooth continuous curve eg:

Picture016.jpg

but it's just a matter of taste.

...and also a slightly shaky one of dropouts - can't see the campy inscription but I promise it is really there!
ebf58e57.jpg

......and I've actually just seen an IDENTICAL fork on an ebay Dynatech
here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-Dyna- ... 416a53d427

Whilst my bike is clearly not Dynatech the fork similarity is 'interesting'. But as Dynatech were 1990/early 90s I need to think a bit more......

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Not sure you should think about the 90's :)

Those cable guides along the top tube sort of mark it out as an 80's frame, and an early 80's at that.

Those brazed on top tube guides arrived in the late 70's and not sure why.......they caught on the old "down below tackle" when stopping the bike pulling the cables and a a lot of electrical tape and screw on cable guides were used.................................then I left to go to university LOL

Looks like a custom built frame from the turn of the decade and into the 80's

Shaun

jo1010":3vb45osg said:
......and I've actually just seen an IDENTICAL fork on an ebay Dynatech
here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-Dyna- ... 416a53d427

Whilst my bike is clearly not Dynatech the fork similarity is 'interesting'. But as Dynatech were 1990/early 90s I need to think a bit more......

Not the same, those forks have a fully sloping crown, yours is semi sloping.

The blades have a similar shaped bend but I would think that's just the pre-bent shape as supplied by Reynolds.

Yours also is a bit odd with the bottom end of the blades cut off quite high.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back