Mid 90's Reworked Cinder Cone. Finished pics page 4

Getting really close now, all I need to buy is chainrings and bolts, skewers and a seat.
Hope this weather stays nice long enough for me to take it out in the sun! It would have looked great against tonight's sunset overlooking st.ives bay... :cool:

Hey, how did you manage to overtake me and my build! :LOL:

Lots of overtime and a spending spree that will see my nadgers slammed in the car door repeatedly if the mrs finds out ;) :LOL:
Seriously though I'm not that ahead, apart from the wheels themselves it's all a dry build to check everything fits and works together. It all needs to come apart and get reinstalled properly for the final build.

bren":3kgqs3yh said:
Lots of overtime and a spending spree that will see my nadgers slammed in the car door repeatedly if the mrs finds out ;)

My life has been one big spending spree since January :LOL: I'm always unsuccessfully trying to catch up by selling stuff!

Woooo! Seatpost arrived today, very happy with it, goes well with the bars and nice and weenie at 202g

6E0810C0-BD5C-42F7-9951-82ED40CF3250-430-000000C71A8B12C8.jpg

All being well this should be built in 3-4 weeks :cool:

Just in from the garage on a late one...
I now have fully working M4 brakes front and rear! :D
Hoses need shortening a bit but I am disproportionately happy to have reached this small milestone :LOL:
Payday is a little over a week away then I can buy the last few bits then it'll be time for a decent set of pics!!

Could be a photo finish ;)

ANOTHER slight deviation from the planned spec is now a 185 disc on the rear with an adapter. Matched discs seems to look better on this build.

B8B96752-0806-46F6-8991-DA188A1FA073-3192-0000067431CF22B9_zps926266e8.jpg

The skewer and disc are snaffled temporarily from my commuter, actual disc will be a proper hope one same as the front.

Hi,

I am liking your build. I am also building a retro weight weenie Kona Kilauea . Like you, I am trying to put as much carbon as I can on the build. I was wondering on the size and the brand of your carbon post?

My Kilauea take a 27.0 seatpost.

Back