Blackmount-GlenEtive 2010 Official Aftermath Thread

Ignore yir heid, just keep re-reading Mr P's write up.

Definitely up for a re-run, still annoyed with myself for not making the effort first time around.

zigzag":b2x8g27w said:
Ignore yir heid, just keep re-reading Mr P's write up.

That's what's putting me off!! :shock:

To summarise it, it was lumpy and uncomfy, Panda hit the point of total exhaustion, The Ken destroyed equipment and Rado went a bit mad with sausage poisoning while Gazz tugged himself senseless while drinking peach schnapps.

Sounds great :LOL:

It was Taz the most exhausting ride I have ever done - I was pushed to the limit on several occasions, but it is without a doubt the best ride I have ever done and we didn't even get good weather.

With hindsight Day 1 should have started a little earlier as we were rushing towards the end as light was fading. Other than that the only thing I would change is the quality of my panniers.

Me! Me want! It was bloody awful and even painfull with my stupid rucksack at some point yet best epic ever. I'm soo up for it.

The Ken":2b25zm2n said:
With the numbers this will attract we might need a couple of small tents as back up to a full bothy.
Can we not just turn one of your huge panniers upside and use that as shelter?

RobMac":3ug1pfjx said:
Would a Bob Yak manage this trip I ask? :?

Might be tricky in places especially the walk of pain and run down to Kingshouse and Glen Kinglass and..........

So probably no.

Back